Eng Ext 2 (1 Viewer)

Jacks

HSC
heya guys,

Congrats to those of you who are happy and for those of you who aren't I suggest you do get a re-check even if people tell you the re-check is based on clerical errors and not an actual remarking as such.

I did it last year and I got 47 overall but the year before my brother had some major problems and they did end up giving him a few extra marks, just see what you guys can do, it's always worth appealing even if nothing happens in the end because at least you know you've given it a go. Good luck to those of you who do try to appeal and try not to be too upset, easy to say for something you've worked on all year I know...but at least for those of you who want UAIs it mightn't count...though it seems of little consequence now...

tinuviel

Mark for mw

Wow some of you have done really well! I got 43 for my external, 45 for school so my hsc mark for my mw was 44...better than I could have hoped for because I thought the website I had made for it was really dodgy :p

televators

HSC
jhakka said:
Exact thing happened to me. I'm applying for a recheck.
maybe your story was not as 'crash hot' as you thought...lets face it, this course was always going to be a lottery- my teacher 'guaranteed' all us 40+- but did i listen? the answer is no- the fact is people, teachers, despite maybe having marking experience for the course, will not be the ones marking your work... they could of had a completely contrasting view to your mentor, etc...even if 100 ppl thought it was a great story, it only takes that small panel to disagree

the same thing happened with some of my fellow ee2 classmates, however we knew that in this course their are never any guarantees, applying for a re-check would only land more egg on your face than there already is, especially if they totally shut you down

televators

HSC
oh, and btw- im not assuming your stories are shit, but we have to remember this is english- a very opinionated course- best of luck and well done to those who achieved the high marks, for the most part, you bloddy deserved it.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Guys if you look at percentiles from this year and last year, alot FEWER band E4s were awarded... I ended up with a 39 externally, and was not happy.. but i got a 46 internally, ended up with a 43, i'll live

Jacks

HSC
I agree that the marking is subjective and while I'm sure markers try to be fair in their marking I think it is an impossible expectation to think that they won't bring a little bit of their own expectations or whatever into marking. This being said if you write on a certain topic that they do not particularly like, within reason obviously, they aren't going to give you a crap mark based on their tastes in that sense. I did mine on the lord of the rings - critical response looking at all of the allegorical aspects etc - who knows if my marker liked the LOTR but I'm sure if they hated it they could still appreciate the work. My teacher hated LOTR but still liked my work, so you never really can tell. Most works are marked by more than one marker and if there are differences in opinion the work will be given to the head marker to look at. Those of you who got a bad mark and can't find a problem with your major work, maybe the problem was in your reflection statement - if you addressed the form of your major work as well as the works content than I don't really know what to say to you. Like I said though, if you're really determined to get it remarked you can do so, even if you do not get any more marks perhaps you will receive a letter of explanation (however vague) as to where you went wrong. Just don't get your hopes up too high in case they do shut you down.
Again good luck guys...and at the end of the day if you like your work and you know you put 100% into it some marker can't really take away the fact you've achieved a work that most importantly is to your own satisfaction ;)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I wound up with a 47 for my MW and a 48 overall which I guess isn't anything I can reasonably complain about, but I'm still a bit disappointed

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
SUbjective as it is, there are many controls in place to ensure everybody is marked fairly. e.g, seperate marking by two people with the higher mark counting if the difference is small etc etc

yeh and congrats to all :)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I got 49....external and overall. AAAARRRGGGHHHH! I'm happy. Who would have thought, an almost entirely sleepless night and cramming my journal at 8.57 am on the due morning all turned out to be worth it. I'm guessing they didn't read my journal though :)

_dies_

University Member
HSC
I got 41/50 for both external and internal marking because my teacher didnt give us an assessment mark, as far as i know. Because when i checked the rankings and such earlier, there was nothing for our Eng ext2. Which means it was all left to the marker or markers.

They also apparently, are SUPPOSED to mark each by two markers, but as these are Major Works and are tedious, the dont often bother unless they think it necessary for a 'second opinion'.

There is definately alot of bias and such. I am pleased with my mark, but would have liked a little better for the amount of effort, but i understand my writing probably isnt all that great.

Best of luck for those who decide to appeal!! I hope you eventually get through the system and attain the marks you want. If hard work cant get marks these days, what can?

Also, does anyone know if you can dispute your assessment marks from your school??

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Well...Eng Ext2 ended up being my best subject! I got 48/50 for my exam mark!!!!
Anyone who has read it knows that it is 100% bullshit LOL!!!

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
47/50 for school ass! But then got pwned in teh HSC with a 45 >.>

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
EE2 was a complete cop out for me, 39 school - 29 exam.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
super katie said:
50 for my MW :) completely stoked.
congrats! you must be! dude, thats brilliant! did yours get shortlisted by the way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)