Engineerg/commerce!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

chantszhin

HSC
Sup peoplessss,

I'm planning to do engineering(mechanical)/commerce for 2010.
I see on the mech.unsw website there is a program structure.
http://www.mech.unsw.edu.au/content/userDocs/BEBCom-Mechanical.pdf

In this structure it includes doing one commerce subject in the first semester and another one in the 2nd sem of year 1. However in the 2010 handbook, it suggests you to do all engineering stuff in year 1.
Any suggestions?
Has anyone done or does anyone know someone that has followed that above link's timetable??

Thanks!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
The link said 2006 so the I think the handbok would be more valid. You can probably do one commerce subject but it replaces ENGG1000 which I heard would be better done in the first semester. You can also do the Maths and Physics in Summer school and start with commerce subjects methinks.

cd285

HSC
thought this might be of help to others in similar dilemma,

To whom it may concern, (unsw mech. faculty)

As a first-year undergraduate entering this course, I am confused as to what subjects I am meant to be undertaking. The online handbook says that I must do the core engineering subjects + 3 first-year electives whereas the program outlined on the faculty website suggests that I do one commerce subject in each semester. My question is which guide should I be following in choosing my subjects?

their reply:
My strong suggestion is that you follow the BE/BCom plan outlined on this School's website at
www.mech.unsw.edu.au/content/userDocs/BEBCom-Mechanical.pdf
We look forward to seeing you here.

netracer

HSC
You can follow the handbook or you can organise your own. Basically speaking, doing all eng subjects in first year and doing all comm subject 1st session of second year would put you out of balance. Some people prefer to mix commerce with eng, but then this could lead to clashes and stuff down the road. It is always safest to follow the given program. Just depends on what you prefer.

Note: all eng = 5 days a week (most likely)
all comm = 3 days a week (max)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
a friend of mine's doing this degree, but he did all engineering in first year, and started on comm in second year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)