Engineering at UNSW vs USYD (1 Viewer)

shizzlefeet

HSC
I want to do a double degree with civil engineering and have narrowed down to 3 options and now confused on which to put as first preference.

1. Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) and Bachelor of Science (BE BSc) at UNSW (5 years)
2. Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) and Bachelor of Project Management at USYD (5 years)
3. Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) and postgraduate Master of Engineering Science (Project Management) at UNSW (4 years + 1.5 years) ..... (I know this is not a double degree)

Which one should I put first and is regarded the best?
And is doing Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) and Bachelor of Project Management at USYD better than doing just Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) at UNSW?

Last edited:

nifkeh

HSC
Which one should I put first and is regarded the best?

-it's up to you what you like, not what is regarded as prestigious. if you don't like it and are only doing it for the name then you will probably hate your career if it involves the other major thingy instead of the engineering

And is doing Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) and Bachelor of Project Management at USYD better than doing just Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) at UNSW?
-former is better because you have two degrees, instead of just having one provided if you are willing to do project management in your career if required

KD

HSC
N/A
Project management is part of the straight Civil degree so you don't really need the double degree.

Postgrad (Masters) qualification easily trumps a Bachelor degree. Best to choose which one when you finish the Bachelors and do it part time whilst working.

Two Bachelors sounds better that one Bachelor but often not better than the one Bachelor plus the extra work experience you have as you finish the degree 1-1.5 years earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)