engineering/commerce advance subjects (1 Viewer)

fush

HSC
i just enrolled in the eng(civil)/commerce but i just realised i was put inot the basic first year subjects like...

MATH1001 MATH1002 CHEM1001

maybe i shloud have chosen the advanced subjects...that is..

MATH1901 MATH1902 CHEM1901

since I got band 6 in both these hsc courses..... could the standard ones be tooo easy, and is it too late to change?

HSC
what were ur marks for chem and whichever maths course you did in the hsc?

u should still be able to change ur subjects.......is there any advantage of doing the advanced courses.......as in does it shorten ur degree or anything or is it just to keep u stimulated?

and which commerce subject are u doing?? is it the accounting 1a one...

i am enrolling for eng/com tomorrow and wanna know what subjects to choose or if they tell me what to do

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Advanced subjects will generally maintain your interest and give you a chance of getting a D/HD in the course, because from what I've heard if there are like 25 HD's allocated to a course, 23 or so will go to the advanced stream.

fush

HSC
well i got 93 in chem and 89 in 3u and 82 in 4u...

i dunno, i sent an email to the faculty....depending what they say i might change, but they didnt ask me anything they just put me inot those subjects

but yea if its stuff iv allready covered in 3u 4u maths and chem then id prefer the advanced courses

and yea im doin acct1001 acct1002 acct1003 acct1004

Last edited:

ruk

i enrolled for the same course eng(mchrx)/ com
apparently u can change ur subjects within the first 2 weeks- and they recommended that u actually do the normal course- i chose the advanced but think i'll get 2normal and 2 advanced instead.

oh btw there were no com subjects in my list- is that normal or has there been some mistake?

fush

HSC
well in first 2 years u do core commerce subjects.. on the sheet i got from civil engineering it says

year 1

ACCT1001 ACCT1002 ACCT1003 ACCT1004

year 2

ECON1001 ECON1102 INFS1000

for the later years the sheet i got says nothing but i assume its ur elective subjects( like either finance or accoutning...)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
fush said:

i dunno, i sent an email to the faculty....depending what they say i might change, but they didnt ask me anything they just put me inot those subjects

but yea if its stuff iv allready covered in 3u 4u maths and chem then id prefer the advanced courses

Do adv chem for sure.

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
fush said:

Advanced maths is more interesting and challenging...one of my former tutors said if you want to be taught like a monkey do normal lol....

kow_dude

HSC
I'm confused....
I enrolled for Eng (Biomedical) / B Commerce, and i did not get to pick any subjects.
Apparently, i only have one commerce subject (ACCT1001) on my first year ... this correct?

fush

HSC
hey yea, for ocmbined eng/comm u dont choose anything in first 2 years....the only thing u will have to choose is the commerce major in 3rd year onwards i think

and the commerce 1st year subjects i have are acct1001 acct1002

HSC
kow_dude said:
I'm confused....
I enrolled for Eng (Biomedical) / B Commerce, and i did not get to pick any subjects.
Apparently, i only have one commerce subject (ACCT1001) on my first year ... this correct?
hey gday champ....i am doing the exact same course, looks like we will be seeing alot of each other over the next 5 years. ANd yeah i also thought it was strange that we only had one com subject in the whole first year.

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
Yeah its pretty bodgey with the commerce part since they make you stretch it out over 5 years and the first year commerce subjects aren't that interesting

kow_dude

HSC
Hey #4, how much did u have to pay? I did the 'upfront' thing and payed a total of $3329... are there any other fees left to pay?

snoopwogg

HSC
Wholy Shiiiyttt im glad i deferred the whole thing so i can worry bout it l8r... im doin telecomms/commerce .. i chose adv maths just coz teh bloke there said i qualified :shrugs: .. how many doods u rekon'll sit in dat klass? packd out?

HSC
kow_dude said:
Hey #4, how much did u have to pay? I did the 'upfront' thing and payed a total of $3329... are there any other fees left to pay?
i defereed all my hecs payments....i had to pay $590 for the compulsory union fees and what not. Glad my parents were paying.]

hey snoopwogg, what were your marks for ur maths courses in the hsc. THe guy said i COULD do the advanced maths subjects but recommended i didnt for some reason. I didnt want to anyway cos i will probably have enough trouble with the normal maths courses. My marks were 85 for 4 unit and 91 for 3 unit by the way.

Last edited:

snoopwogg

HSC
serzzz um i got 89 for 4u and 95 for 3u... damn shit ranking in 4u pulled me down by 1 mark.. costed me another spot in d newspaper :mad:

aditya

HSC
haha i know someone else that had the same thing happen to them...

newaiz....

ur all idiots, were u like napping during ur enrollment or something, seriousli u people have NO IDEA....

did u even look at the screen wen u were talking to the guy :| honestly...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)