Engineering/Law worth it or not (1 Viewer)

d3sprado

HSC
IS doing engineering /law worth doin if i achieve the amount of uai.

Also if i dont get in the course inthe first year what could i do to get in the next year

Also what other job alternatives would law open up with doing engineering as a combined degree, other done being barrister and consulting

Plz give me a quick reply

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
to be honest with you, engineering/law seems useless as they are both very very different. Law is good to combine with business/commerce degrees. I wouldnt know what advantages it will give as a engineer, unless maybe you work for youself and hence you will be aware of the laws that are related to drafting errors, like if your structure collapses.

d3sprado

HSC
k thx i appreciate but ne1 else knows netin bout it or knw som1 dats is doin da course at ne uni plz reply pronto

thx btw fo ne1 replyin

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Waste of time. Law is all reading/writing which seems like something that you probably wouldn't enjoy.

You have until early January to choose your preferences so I don't know why you need a "quick reply".

beentherdunthat

HSC
d3sprado said:
IS doing engineering /law worth doin if i achieve the amount of uai.

Also if i dont get in the course inthe first year what could i do to get in the next year

Also what other job alternatives would law open up with doing engineering as a combined degree, other done being barrister and consulting

Plz give me a quick reply
lol. I was looking at this combination as well. After continuous deliberation, I could only resolve that it would be a stupid way of driving yourself insane. On UTS open day, I asked one of the guys and they said it would be a crazy thing to do. ;)

Business/engineering is more prefferable
or business/ law.

d3sprado

HSC
im doing engineering studies ( 3rd) (trials = 68.5), adv. english (6th) (59.5), ext. english (2) (70), Industrial Technology: Timber (1st), mATHS (2u) (1st), Physics ( 4th or 5th) (41) lol was crammin it da trials

i tot unsw was 85 to get in, also what do employers really want from uni grads doin mecha (do emploters like uws grads? ur tots)

also what is ur tots in space mecha ( usyd=99.00) if i cant get a job to do with space n is doin engine at uts or sydney or unsw really better than uni of western sydney ( ur point of view n employers)

BTW thanks sereiosly for da quick reply
also if u can prove ur point with some internet site
i would glady appreciate it thx agen
(could not PM u lol)

HSC
no offence but worry about getting the marks to get into engo rather than thinking about coupling it with law.

to be honest with you, engineering/law seems useless as they are both very very different. Law is good to combine with business/commerce degrees. I wouldnt know what advantages it will give as a engineer, unless maybe you work for youself and hence you will be aware of the laws that are related to drafting errors, like if your structure collapses.
you should be aware of those laws anyway and in any case, you can pick up a couple of law units as electives as part of an engineering degree later in the course?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
haha but i was right, only giving advice. I wouldnt mind going to UTS, i actually think sydney unis are better cause they have more choice but i live down in wollongong so there is too much distance + i dont want to stay at campus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)