Engineering: Major work or not (1 Viewer)

Maths128

HSC
Does anyone know if engineering studies involves major work or not? Also does it scale well

Ian Ch

HSC
Does anyone know if engineering studies involves major work or not? Also does it scale well
Heard the scaling for engineering is pretty terrible. Not really sure how, considering the difficuilty (in my opinion) is harder than physics lol.

cristiano ronaldo

HSC
ENGINEERING STUDIES INVOLVES PHYSICS, so I woudnt say its difficult, rather equivalent. However, there are many other things to consider such as reports, AS1100 drawings, explaination behind physics, etc.

Back to your question, yes, engineering studies includes a major work. You are required to improve an already existing engineering product. you will then have to make a physical model of this- this is up-to you, whether it be 3D printed or maybe even made out of wood. You will be given one whole term to do this. Dont forget, its engineering, therefore, you will test the product out and do calculations on (weight test, torsion, shear forces, etc) in which you will write a report on. Also, the way you choose to make your product must be 'sustainable' as thats what engineers aim for.

Engineering studies does not scale well :(

Ian Ch

HSC
ENGINEERING STUDIES INVOLVES PHYSICS, so I woudnt say its difficult, rather equivalent. However, there are many other things to consider such as reports, AS1100 drawings, explaination behind physics, etc.

Back to your question, yes, engineering studies includes a major work. You are required to improve an already existing engineering product. you will then have to make a physical model of this- this is up-to you, whether it be 3D printed or maybe even made out of wood. You will be given one whole term to do this. Dont forget, its engineering, therefore, you will test the product out and do calculations on (weight test, torsion, shear forces, etc) in which you will write a report on. Also, the way you choose to make your product must be 'sustainable' as thats what engineers aim for.

Engineering studies does not scale well :(
Sheesh. Any ideas oh why scaling would be bad? I found engineering much harder than any of my other subjects. Could be because of a lack of interest though.

cristiano ronaldo

HSC
Sheesh. Any ideas oh why scaling would be bad? I found engineering much harder than any of my other subjects. Could be because of a lack of interest though.
yes lack of interest as not many people are doing it. Furthermore, its because its a relatively new subject in the HSC course.

E21R5K1

HSC
Not sure what syllabus you’re referring to mate but the NSW syllabus does NOT have a major project nor is it a new subject. It has been a subject since the 80s under the name “Engineering Science”. It scales ok, not as good as the sciences/maths but better than business studies! We had 2270 students this increase (over 200 more than last year, almost a 10% rise).

ultra908

HSC
Not sure what syllabus you’re referring to mate but the NSW syllabus does NOT have a major project nor is it a new subject. It has been a subject since the 80s under the name “Engineering Science”. It scales ok, not as good as the sciences/maths but better than business studies! We had 2270 students this increase (over 200 more than last year, almost a 10% rise).
Ye guys what D&T has a major work but not engineering studies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)