Engineering Multiple Critera????? (1 Viewer)

kido525

HSC
Hi guys i would like to start off by saying are u thinking of applying a engineering course at UTS but u are below the cutoff score by like 7 points or so and u have took advantage of the "MULTIPLE CRITERIA QUESTIONAIRE", do we still have a better chance at getting the into the course...

This is my situation i have got a UAI of 68.55 and the cutoff for a course i would like to do which is CIVIL ENGINEERING is 75.0 will my questionaire and UAI be combined and would it be likely that i would be accepted into the course?????

Or if they have no vacancies and they need people would they accept me if i really wanted to get in?

Is engineering at UTS ne good ?

Thx in regards please feel free to voice ur opinions and replies

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
australia is easy.

i recommend you to go to UWS first year and then transfer to UTS 2nd year.

I know some bloke who got a mystery mark UAI went to tafe for a year and then transferred to UTS to do business degree. mad huh?

so basically u dont even need a UAI.

This country is mad mate

kido525

HSC
VanCarBus said:
australia is easy.

i recommend you to go to UWS first year and then transfer to UTS 2nd year.

I know some bloke who got a mystery mark UAI went to tafe for a year and then transferred to UTS to do business degree. mad huh?

so basically u dont even need a UAI.

This country is mad mate

Thats some good stuff to hear man , yea i think we are pretty lucky here what about USA and stuff is it harder like to go colelge and all that i suppose so hmmm yea
going 1st yr wouldnt be a bad idea and transfer cheers

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Hey Kido!

Did u do any HSC courses related to engineering?

from what I remember these r some of the courses:

Physics, Mathematics X1, Mathematics X2, English Adv, English X1, English X2, Chemistry, Engineering studies (i think).... and there were a few others

for each engineering related course u undertook during the HSC year, u will receive 2 UAI points (up to a max of 6 points)

so, if u have taken up to 3 related HSC subjects, ur UAI of 68.55 is considered as 74.55

as stated, if after ur UAI has been adjusted ur UAI is still below 82-88, they generate a mark for ur questionnaire and combine it with ur UAI... but seeing as ur course only requires ~75, Im not entirely sure how that'll work!

I think theres a very good chance u might get in.

And yes! if there are vacancies in a course u can still be considered in the late round offers, or perhaps in the first round, not entirely sure about the latter, but im pritty sure about the former.

All the best!

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
im doin electrical engineering at UTS which is hell,

but got a few mates who're doin civil and its a real easy course, heaps of jobs (raining from the sky) and plenty more chicks than the rest of the engineering courses around = )

Logistics

HSC
ahaha chicks in engineering yeah right plenty.

This was my first year doing eng. Theres like what a dozen grls? compared to 500+ guys lol

kido525

HSC
physician said:
Hey Kido!

Physics, Mathematics X1, Mathematics X2, English Adv, English X1, English X2, Chemistry, Engineering studies (i think).... and there were a few others

for each engineering related course u undertook during the HSC year, u will receive 2 UAI points (up to a max of 6 points)

so, if u have taken up to 3 related HSC subjects, ur UAI of 68.55 is considered as 74.55

as stated, if after ur UAI has been adjusted ur UAI is still below 82-88, they generate a mark for ur questionnaire and combine it with ur UAI... but seeing as ur course only requires ~75, Im not entirely sure how that'll work!

And yes! if there are vacancies in a course u can still be considered in the late round offers, or perhaps in the first round, not entirely sure about the latter, but im pritty sure about the former.

All the best!

Wow Physician, dude this is like an inspiring reply lol it has given me hope and i have now rethought about my options and ummm about the HSC courses related to engineering i did Chemistry , Physics and i did do extention 1 maths but dropped it like half way thru yr 12 does this still count i hope so thx heaps man u have like made me feel more conifdent i would love to go to UTS lol i love the city area and the active lifestyle their sooo cool ^__^

kido525

HSC
VanCarBus said:

but got a few mates who're doin civil and its a real easy course, heaps of jobs (raining from the sky) and plenty more chicks than the rest of the engineering courses around = )

WOW , this is some good stuff man ahahah if i make it in i would be ecstatic but yea also get a good education :p

kido525

HSC
Logistics said:
ahaha chicks in engineering yeah right plenty.

This was my first year doing eng. Theres like what a dozen grls? compared to 500+ guys lol

Which engineering course do u do is it ok like the lecturers are good , the faculties the surroundings?

kido525

HSC
physician said:
Hey Kido!

All the best!

Oh yea i forgot to mentioned ur doing the exact course i want to get in but im not sure if i can get in right now for B Engineering / B Medical Science So could u teach me how to get their if i were to get watever uai if they used my multiple criteria man i never heard of B Engineering / B Medical Science combined i was thinking between the 2 of which i wanted to do gosh how cool u can do a combined of both omg HALAYOOOLA

kido525

HSC
kido525 said:
Wow Physician, dude this is like an inspiring reply lol it has given me hope and i have now rethought about my options and ummm about the HSC courses related to engineering i did Chemistry , Physics and i did do extention 1 maths but dropped it like half way thru yr 12 does this still count i hope so thx heaps man u have like made me feel more conifdent i would love to go to UTS lol i love the city area and the active lifestyle their sooo cool ^__^

wat if my civil engineering is placed 1st preference and in main round theyu dont accept woudl they accept final round if the course had vacancy?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Dude trust me, unless there was something going on this year that massively killed your HSC marks, you probably won't survive in engineering with that mark.

kido525

HSC
withoutaface said:
Dude trust me, unless there was something going on this year that massively killed your HSC marks, you probably won't survive in engineering with that mark.

My uai mark doesnt actually represent my intelligence its only a rank and im most of my hsc results i got high 80s, i reckon i could be very focused on my studies if i get into uni i have sey goals allready, i have only been lazy through my hsc and played games during that time which may have been why i didnt do so well but now i have realized my wrongs and want to change it for the better if i wasnt that serious why would i post these threads in the first place im a serious person now and know i will give it my all >.<

kido525

HSC
VanCarBus said:

from wat i hear civil is much easier compared to other courses like electrical engineering for e.g.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
yes, engineering is really hard,

if u want a nice course, go do wat panda bear does - he perves on chicks, he looks up their dresses and stuff, he owns them all - biotch or something

logistics does software

I do electrical

kido525

HSC
VanCarBus said:
yes, engineering is really hard,

if u want a nice course, go do wat panda bear does - he perves on chicks, he looks up their dresses and stuff, he owns them all - biotch or something

logistics does software

I do electrical

like wtf????????????????????????

click here

to see my profile
HSC
LOL.

Yeah...engineering is difficult but if you can survive the 3-4 years and enjoy it then you will definitely have a nice bright future ahead of you. GoodLuck!

kido525

HSC
click here said:
LOL.

Yeah...engineering is difficult but if you can survive the 3-4 years and enjoy it then you will definitely have a nice bright future ahead of you. GoodLuck!

hehe thx thats what i wanna hear some entuhisiasm :p top stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)