Engineering Offer (1 Viewer)

Sopa

HSC
I was made an offer for Bachelor of Engineering (civil and environmental) yesterday and i was told to make it my first preference by the 4th of January to make sure that i get it. They told me that i got accepted based on my atar and my engineering questionnaire answers.

Will they send me an email or letter confirming this? Because it seems a bit unofficial because i was told over the phone, its making me slightly anxious haha.
And also, the degree that i was offered wasn't my first preference, how do they decide which degree to give me? The atar requirement for my first preference was 85 wheareas the one i was offered had a cut off of 90. My atar is closer to my first preference.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
DW, I thought the same three years ago haha. I ended up emailing them asking some more questions.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I was made an offer for Bachelor of Engineering (civil and environmental) yesterday and i was told to make it my first preference by the 4th of January to make sure that i get it. They told me that i got accepted based on my atar and my engineering questionnaire answers.

Will they send me an email or letter confirming this? Because it seems a bit unofficial because i was told over the phone, its making me slightly anxious haha.
And also, the degree that i was offered wasn't my first preference, how do they decide which degree to give me? The atar requirement for my first preference was 85 wheareas the one i was offered had a cut off of 90. My atar is closer to my first preference.
Was ur ATAR +85 ? without any EAS or bonus points ?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
DW, I thought the same three years ago haha. I ended up emailing them asking some more questions.
Hey Brent012

Got my eligible EAS letter, I got a 'YES' from UTS and a whole bunch of Uni's.. does that mean my ATAR increase to 84.95 ??

but also does this mean I can get an offer in the main round, or is it after the main round ?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Brent012

Got my eligible EAS letter, I got a 'YES' from UTS and a whole bunch of Uni's.. does that mean my ATAR increase to 84.95 ??

but also does this mean I can get an offer in the main round, or is it after the main round ?
Bump

Simile

HSC
N/A
how did you guys get an early offer? did we have to do the questionnaire or something ?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
how did you guys get an early offer? did we have to do the questionnaire or something ?
There was an engineering questionaire... I was told that they 'aid' you in the admission.

Also the early offer was only for those student who got ATARS above the cut off atar

Simile

HSC
N/A
i got 92.35. i did not receive in anything, so i was just wondering.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Wait till Main Round (Jan 21)

No, your ATAR does not change. But your selection rank (ATAR + bonus points) changes, depending on your EAS disadvantages, other bonus points, the course that you wish to study, and on the uni.
Nah, I said that wrong. But what I ment to say is what are my chance of getting in

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I think very high.

EDIT: sorry, I mistook you for someone else on this thread.

Considering the lowest cut-off for UTS Engineering (General) is normally at ~85 ATAR.... you might need 1 or 2 more bonus points to get in.
Yea, that is why I am so worried.... I am just 0.05 point away :'(.

Anyway my first 4 perf is just full of UTS Engo, and I have been talking to alot of ppl on the forum they all say that there is a guranteed of getting into one of them !

Simile

HSC
N/A
elec engineering or elec engineering/with business. Im having second thoughts about the double degree-(might not be able to cope with the workload). SO yeah- civil at uts is 90 im pretty sure.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
you have most chance with Eng (computer systems)... but even that is not guaranteed (you are still slightly below the cut-off).

Worst-case scenario, do 1 year of another course, then transfer.

EDIT: You defs need more bonus points. (Considering that UTS engo cut-offs tend to be stable over time.)
Idk, man that is so scary !..

I did put B.Sci(Flex)..but I would have to deal with this all other again because next year I have to deal with UAC.

My other option is UWS Engo, which I really dont wanna do because it is so faaarr away. Then there is insearch

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
If the "B.Sci(Flex)" is at UTS, then you don't have to go thru UAC (but you do internal transfer within UTS).

But.... do you really not get 1 or 2 extra HSC subject points (on-top of the EAS)?... or are the subject points already included in the "84.95"?
Nah, I was talking to this lady and she told me that if I got into Eng (Computer system) then I would have to go through UAC to get into my desired course Eng/Bus. So I am just assuming that it goes with B.Sci(Flex).

Yea. I get 10+2 points from uts

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I am unable to find (on UTS website) of any requirement of having to go through UAC if transferring from a UTS science course into UTS engineering.

If 10+2 takes you to a total of 84.95.... then unlikely chance
shit !

lets see what happens

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I predict that you won't get an offer into UTS engineering (if you feel disappointed, sorry!)

A story (to make you feel better):

See http://community.boredofstudies.org...309500/question-bonus-points.html#post6397882

Also... after 1st-year of UNSW med science, I applied to UAC (obviously to transfer to medicine, without success)... I managed to receive an offer into USYD architecture, which at the time, had ATAR ~95...a far cry from my 86.9 ATAR ...I managed this without EAS/HSC bonus points.

But I decided to stay with med science... now graduated.
But I know a person who got 70 ! and got in Sci in IT/Bus which 85. And we all know there is a high flux of student.

chw

HSC
N/A
I predict that you won't get an offer into UTS engineering (if you feel disappointed, sorry!)
If you put in decent answers on the engineering questionaire we can add some bonus marks to your score to get you over the line.

Don't forget that the ATAR cutoffs do vary each year, hence no one can yet tell if you if you got in or not.

chrisw

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
If you put in decent answers on the engineering questionaire we can add some bonus marks to your score to get you over the line.

Don't forget that the ATAR cutoffs do vary each year, hence no one can yet tell if you if you got in or not.

chrisw
Thx man..

I really hope I'm getting in. I am so keen in getting in UTS that my first 5 preference is just UTS Engo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)