Engineering quesion. (1 Viewer)

asdf

HSC
Hi
Does UNSW give u the oppurtunity to have 1 year work experience like UTS? I want to do computer engineering and so far thats the only reason im puting UTS as my first preference.

Thanks

asdf

HSC
hmm 12 weeks only? Most jobs ask for atleast 3 years experience n shit so it could be more difficult getting a job after graduating here. If only UNSW had one similar to UTS! :(

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by asdf
hmm 12 weeks only? Most jobs ask for atleast 3 years experience n shit so it could be more difficult getting a job after graduating here. If only UNSW had one similar to UTS! :(
most jobs require 3 years? i think you are looking at the wrong jobs

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
A lot of jobs require experience, some is better than none!

Mr MU

Originally posted by asdf
Hi
Does UNSW give u the oppurtunity to have 1 year work experience like UTS? I want to do computer engineering and so far thats the only reason im puting UTS as my first preference.

Thanks
but it take 5 yr to complete a engineering degree in UTS, while UNSW has only 4~!

if u scored enough uai, choose UNSW!!!!!!

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
the extra year is for the experience...u..u, U ...@#!$
some ppl are not very well informed..puh!!
UTS sayz that if u dont wish to do the internship, u dont have to and the course stays at being 4 years in length.
UNSW does not offer internships + it is so damn far away from all train stations...

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by VanCarBus
it is so damn far away from all train stations...
Thats why the uni supplies UNSW express buses that go to and from Central station every 2 minutes during peak :)

MoNNiE

HSC
if you do take to option of going to unsw or usyd, it would be a good idea to like take some work experience in your own time to get a greater understanding into your future career prospects, like at least you know what your going to get into before hand.. and the 'actual requirements needing to be filled' ... and through a variety of jobs or so.. it would enable you to land a job faster then those in the university doing the same course.. that didn't bother taking the option of doing some self learning..

knowning the work is something.. but how you are meant to handle it is something to be known only through experience

Last edited:

Don_Juan

HSC
Does is really matter? Just as long as

So all i hear about Engineers is that they study hard...but play harder. Anybody i ask says that Engo's are a bunch of drunks and "are probably at the cricket drinking"....so this true? and how can i join?

...we all get Sh*tfaced together :)

Last edited:

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Originally posted by Don_Juan
So all i hear about Engineers is that they study hard...but play harder. Anybody i ask says that Engo's are a bunch of drunks and "are probably at the cricket drinking"....so this true? and how can i join?
...we all get Sh*tfaced together :)
I can confirm these rumours*:D...engineers seem to be able to mix alcohol and study really well **vaguely remembers attending maths test after 12 bourben and cokes** Oh and doing Fluid Dynamics really lets you appreciate a beer bong more

*but there are always some exceptions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)