• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Engineering report - lawn mowers (1 Viewer)

drewski

HSC
hay all,

i have this engineering report to do to report on the different features of a mulching mower/ or mulch and catch and a standard/catching mower.

this is my second engineering report, my first one i got full marks as it was pretty easy; comparing two portable drills

this one is a bit difficult as they don't have a lot of information out there on mowers.. so I'm asking whether anyone has done something like this and they can give us a look or some tips or if anyone has some sites i could use, would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advanced

HSC
hmm...year 11 stuff.....i remember getting all that info from coopeland vol1 or something like that

drewski

HSC
thanks for responding, this 'coopeland vol1' is it a book or somthing? any more information i can get on it..

cheers

oh yea it is year 11 stuff

HSC
lol yeah it is a book......dont all schools use it? o well, what book are u using at school?
ummm...there are other books for year 11.....but i dont reommend u buying all these books for year 11 (waste of money)---->excel
when u get into year 12, buy all the books (like i did) for engineering, and u will kill it!....thats onli if u want to get a 95+ uai, or 2 books will do

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Well in class we had to view a video devoted to lawn mowers (oh god it was like ZZZZ the whole way through) but it went through the production of the different parts within the lawn mower and also some historical stuff too. This post is pretty redundant in fact so like lol.

Btw great marks for your report. My first one was to make a working motor and create a report & presentation for it & i got 91.

& also, my second report was due on friday OMG ! on the stupid Dyson vacuum cleaner which is so much worse that a lawn mower IMO. lol [/redundancy]

thehootman

HSC
I find lawn mowers very interesting. Seriously. ;)
A lot of this stuff you can BS your way through. Just think of the differences between the techs. and you can assume what impacts they made....

sonic1988

The Rookie
HSC
coopeland book is written by Mr Coopeland who taught in Cabramatta high school. It has two volume. I got both of them but i dont know how to share it to you. May be i will try to scan it.

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
go to ur local library they should have it

the book is called: Engineering Studies: The definitive guide by Paul L.Copeland Volume 1 (for lawn mowvers)

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
& also, my second report was due on friday OMG ! on the stupid Dyson vacuum cleaner which is so much worse that a lawn mower IMO. lol [/redundancy]
dyson vaccum? is that even relate to any of the engineering modules

my last engineering report was on bicycles

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
sonic1988 said:
coopeland book is written by Mr Coopeland who taught in Cabramatta high school. It has two volume. I got both of them but i dont know how to share it to you. May be i will try to scan it.
really ? cabramatta high ? maddd .. ahah .. i should go hunt him down then ! lol

2syllables said:
dyson vaccum? is that even relate to any of the engineering modules

my last engineering report was on bicycles
yeah atm we're doing household appliances and like yeahh .. vacuum = household appliance .. get my drift ? lol

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
lol hows HSC engineering ? I'm planning on keeping it so im wondering what it includes. Does it get quite hard ?

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
acutally it isn't that hard, all the materials knowledge u learn in year 11 is practically the same in year 12 thats why in our engineering class we usually either skip the material section or just spend like 20mins to refresh on memory. The mechanics SHOULD be easy if ur good at maths

the topics in hsc course are

civil structures (pretty boring)

Liftinng Devices (meh..cant complain, mechanics is alright not that hard)

Aeronatical (SOOOO INTERESTING, best module, heavy on mechanics)

telecommunication (havent done yet lol)

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
i would keep engineering, as in UTS if u dont reach ur required UAI score in order to enter a engineering course they give u an extra 2 points if u do engineering

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)