Engineering studies exam formula sheet (1 Viewer)

petzl

HSC
Hey,

I was just wondering if there are any formulas that will be needed in the exam that are not on the formula sheet. The engineering studies syllabus seems to be a bit vague on exactly what formulas will be needed.

Thanks

MoNNiE

HSC
petzl said:
Hey,

I was just wondering if there are any formulas that will be needed in the exam that are not on the formula sheet. The engineering studies syllabus seems to be a bit vague on exactly what formulas will be needed.

Thanks

Pretty much the formulas supplied are all you really need, just take note which formula is best used in each question. The rest of the paper basically tests your understanding of topics covered during the course of the year.. (look at past exam papers will give you a better guideline of whats in it.. theory wise.. and mathmatical based!)

Spon888

HSC
Yep, the formulas on the Engineering sheet are exactly pretty much all you need to know. But if you in fact do encounter something in the test that looks strange, its either deceptively hiding a formula on the sheet, or it requires some very basic maths, esp the Power questions.

HSC&ME=NOLIFE

HSC
Spon888 said:
Yep, the formulas on the Engineering sheet are exactly pretty much all you need to know.

i was going through a past paper today and there was a question concerning the modulus of elasticity, there is two formulas for it , either the general stress over strain or the other one using

Force X length
Area X extension

this isnt on the formulae sheet and ive also come across many others, so im thinking a good overview of the formulas used throughout the year will help.

Seoul51

HSC
Force X length
Area X extension
That is given in our formula sheet, you just didn't look carefully:

1. Formulaes
Young's Modulus = Stress/Strain
Stress = Force/Area
Strain = Extension/Original Length

2. Subbing
Young's Modulus
= (Force/Area)/(Extension/Original Length)
= (Force/Area) x (Original Length/Extension)
= Force x Original Length
Area x Extension

Taught by the lovely James and Mr E.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)