Engineering Studies help (1 Viewer)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
hey, its a long shot, but anybody doing engineering or know about the dyson vacuum cleaner- would you be able to help me ? I'm finding researching the questions quite hard as one of the links given don't even work. ><"

here are a few of the Qs :

- describe the manufacturing process used to produce one of the major parts [dyson vacuum]
- analyse the motor and explain its operation. list any safety electrical issues which must be considered whilst it is in use.

any help would be appreciated, & thank you =]

iEdd

HSC
Well, Dyson vacuums are about the "cyclone" system, which is all plastic, so you could lookup blow moulding and injection moulding on wikipedia and howstuffworks. Likewise with how different types of AC motors work.

EDIT: Also, these links (and the links they contain) here and here should help you. Good luck. :)

Last edited:

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
iEdd said:
Well, Dyson vacuums are about the "cyclone" system, which is all plastic, so you could lookup blow moulding and injection moulding on wikipedia and howstuffworks. Likewise with how different types of AC motors work.

EDIT: Also, these links (and the links they contain) here and here should help you. Good luck. :)
OMFG !! .. I LOVE YOU ! LOL .. i cant believe i never thought of howstuffworks ! ><" .. ahah .. seriously, your a lifesaver ! i cant thank you enough ! ahahah .. thank you x 100 !! x)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)