• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Engineering studies predictions / thoughts (1 Viewer)

PRX

HSC
Even though we got English up ahead first, I suggest cramming these topics for Engo first on Wednesday if you think you are cooked

Mechanics: Trusses, SFD, BMD, moment, stresses (tensile, compressive, (double) shear, punching, P=F/A), converting forces to parallel and perpendicular to solve problems, work, power, energy (up and down a ramp), simple machines (pulleys, gears)

Materials: Common properties (manufacturing and service) of metals, ceramics (& glass), polymer, composites, common forming processes, metal heat treatment (annealing, normalising, hardening, tempering, ppt hardening) and property changes, corrosion and protection

Communication: drawing nuts and bolts to AS1100

And go from there

mellysmelly

HSC
Even though we got English up ahead first, I suggest cramming these topics for Engo first on Wednesday if you think you are cooked

Mechanics: Trusses, SFD, BMD, moment, stresses (tensile, compressive, (double) shear, punching, P=F/A), converting forces to parallel and perpendicular to solve problems, work, power, energy (up and down a ramp), simple machines (pulleys, gears)

Materials: Common properties (manufacturing and service) of metals, ceramics (& glass), polymer, composites, common forming processes, metal heat treatment (annealing, normalising, hardening, tempering, ppt hardening) and property changes, corrosion and protection

And go from there
I have in-depth knowledge with all of that I think I'm fine for the most part but yk how badly worded the questions can be I'm very scared, especially for how bad the CSSA trial multiple choice was for this year (the writers got fired so that says a lot)

HscAddict1111

HSC
I have in-depth knowledge with all of that I think I'm fine for the most part but yk how badly worded the questions can be I'm very scared, especially for how bad the CSSA trial multiple choice was for this year (the writers got fired so that says a lot)
damn that's scary

HscAddict1111

HSC

And go from there
some gear questions are soo weird where u have to find vr with force and radius

ratdf69

HSC
we have such a horrible teacher our prediction is to barely pass. anyone else have a horrible engo teacher??

ratdf69

HSC
that's the year every science hsc subject went to shit. Physics and engineering turned into a literal "how did discoveries make society a better place" subject. These woke liberals probably tried to encourage more girls to join by removing math and making it a memorisation humanities subject.
bitch fuck u sexist dickhead go to hell

PRX

HSC
actuclaly now that u say it... u recon u can do these questions and explain how u got the answer? View attachment 44669View attachment 44670

I think of it as two smaller simple machines, the pedal/wheel (VR_1) and the chain drive (VR_2)
VR_1 = de/dl = (2pi x effective length of pedal)/(pi x diameter of wheel) [1 rev. of each/circumference]
VR_2 = driven on driver [very useful to know for gear/drives] = (teeth(driven))/(teeth(driver))
VR_total = VR_1 x VR_2

mellysmelly

HSC
that's the year every science hsc subject went to shit. Physics and engineering turned into a literal "how did discoveries make society a better place" subject. These woke liberals probably tried to encourage more girls to join by removing math and making it a memorisation humanities subject.
I think of it as two smaller simple machines, the pedal/wheel (VR_1) and the chain drive (VR_2)
VR_1 = de/dl = (2pi x effective length of pedal)/(pi x diameter of wheel) [1 rev. of each/circumference]
VR_2 = driven on driver [very useful to know for gear/drives] = (teeth(driven))/(teeth(driver))
VR_total = VR_1 x VR_2
1728872113997.png
this was my working for it.... i think that's what u said right vr1xvr2=vr total

FudiddidoAdrian

HSC

FudiddidoAdrian

HSC
make sure to memorise microstructures and allotropes for metals (e.g ferrite pearlite martensite austentite) how they form, what temperatures, properties

PRX

HSC
Use 1728899581166.png for area of a circle since 95% of the time they are going to give diameters and not radius

Most of the time if they give you a number in the question expect to use it to work out the answer (or it may lead you to a easier working)

Write any relevant working down, that includes the formulas in the first line and free body diagrams. Also helpful to write the values given in the question matching the variable it goes into at the side to make it clear (you are also giving relevant working so that's probably 1 mark)

Use SI units

If they didnt give any lengths for truss questions assume each side is one unit (more common for equilateral triangle ones)

mellysmelly

HSC
Tips for truss analysis?
method of sections easy af make sure to cut max 3 members.. make sure u use those three formulas yk and solid grasp of trig I guess???? u should anyway. ummmm yeah if they ask to find members use method of sections method of joints sucks ass but saying that of course know how to do both.... um also know tension is away from the joint and compression is towards the joint. i always assume tension and make my moments clockwise positive just to make things easier for myself but do what you prefer and are more comfortable with. and yeah just use the formulas and idk the numbers they give u and ATQ and you'll get the marks. Surely they'll bless us with a W truss question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)