engineering (1 Viewer)

shady145

Banned
HSC
can anyone tell me what the best uni's are for engineering.
can u state what type of engineering, e.g civil, aerospace and the uai required
thnx

adnan91

HSC
id have to agree.

but the best uni wud be uni of new england, very competitive to get into. great campus

Miss Winey

HSC
Engineering is pretty much the same everywhere.
All over the world really.

In Australia, all the main institutions (USYD, UTS, UNSW, UWS, UOW) all have their courses accredited by Engineers Australia, which is the governing/representative board for engineers australia and world wide.
so pretty much all the courses are the same
and no institution gives you greater employability or higher salary than any other uni.
Don't listen to some of the junk people say on this forum.
Listen to me, someone who can write in full sentences ;)

When i was at work experience, there was a kid from each university there, and we were all being paid the same, and we all knew the same stuff.

I think a major difference is how you want your experience of university.
Does it open up other opportunities for you?
perhaps to travel overseas?
to work with experts around the world?
to meet people who are passionate about the job, and not just there "for the money"

Here is a link to my post on why i personally like sydney Uni.
http://community.boredofstudies.org...196565/why-i-love-sydney-uni-engineering.html

but at the end of the day, you should visit the uni's you are interested in and "feel the vibe"
afterall, you need to spend 4+ years there!

erm

HSC
That was an error, she was probably referring to NSW universities.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
Engineering is pretty much the same everywhere.
All over the world really.

In Australia, all the main institutions (USYD, UTS, UNSW, UWS, UOW) all have their courses accredited by Engineers Australia, which is the governing/representative board for engineers australia and world wide.
so pretty much all the courses are the same
and no institution gives you greater employability or higher salary than any other uni.
Don't listen to some of the junk people say on this forum.
Listen to me, someone who can write in full sentences ;)

When i was at work experience, there was a kid from each university there, and we were all being paid the same, and we all knew the same stuff.

I think a major difference is how you want your experience of university.
Does it open up other opportunities for you?
perhaps to travel overseas?
to work with experts around the world?
to meet people who are passionate about the job, and not just there "for the money"

Here is a link to my post on why i personally like sydney Uni.
http://community.boredofstudies.org...196565/why-i-love-sydney-uni-engineering.html

but at the end of the day, you should visit the uni's you are interested in and "feel the vibe"
afterall, you need to spend 4+ years there!
jesus fuck, im sick of your marketing posts.

boris

Banned
HSC
id have to agree.

but the best uni wud be uni of new england, very competitive to get into. great campus

wtf une doesnt even offer an accredited engieering course does it? it only offers engingeering technology, a 3 year course. its not competitve at all to get into you dick, i know people who got 30s in their uai who got into there. its a fucked campus, its freezing cold and in a shit town.

iEdd

HSC
I believe he was taking the piss.
Then again, I have spoken to people that go to Southern Cross, Charles Sturt, UNE, etc and some of them come up with all sorts of "reasons" why they are better than UNSW, USYD, MIT, Harvard and Yale.

What would "Engineering Technology" do for you anyway? You couldn't get an engineering job with it because you are not an engineer. If anything, it would give you the edge over someone for a job that doesn't require any degree - in which case, 3 years of work experience would probably sound better.

boris

Banned
HSC
I believe he was taking the piss.
Then again, I have spoken to people that go to Southern Cross, Charles Sturt, UNE, etc and some of them come up with all sorts of "reasons" why they are better than UNSW, USYD, MIT, Harvard and Yale.

What would "Engineering Technology" do for you anyway? You couldn't get an engineering job with it because you are not an engineer. If anything, it would give you the edge over someone for a job that doesn't require any degree - in which case, 3 years of work experience would probably sound better.
nah engineering technology is pretty much all you need for basic stuff like local govt etc. its just a cut down version of the bach degree

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
The wonder's of shortt time memory!
It's not that he forgot, it's just that he pissed that everyone in the original thread put him in his place.

funny thing though, people are (rightfully) bigger arseholes here than in the engineering forum.

shady145

Banned
HSC
o yea, that Sylvesterdeater, im not even sure he could handle the mathematics involved with anything, let alone engineering so y even bother going to uni, u'd be more successful if u ate arse for a living.

thnx for the help to any1 that gave me help

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Ah, the first chapter in Advanced Engineering Mathematics was Ordinary Differential Equations.
What a difference to simple algebra from the HSC.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
o yea, that Sylvesterdeater, im not even sure he could handle the mathematics involved with anything, let alone engineering so y even bother going to uni, u'd be more successful if u ate arse for a living.

thnx for the help to any1 that gave me help
Lol you know absolutely nothing about my mathematical skills, which are for all you know better than yours, so shut it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)