engineering (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Peeps on this forum don't dish out recognition where it is deserved. UoM represent yo!
Yeah but I think we can let it slide this one time for the sake of not encouraging this douchebag to come shit up the place.

spence

HSC
o yea, that Sylvesterdeater, im not even sure he could handle the mathematics involved with anything, let alone engineering so y even bother going to uni, u'd be more successful if u ate arse for a living.

thnx for the help to any1 that gave me help
So you have deduced he is bad at maths based on him pointing out that you're asking stupid questions. With those reasoning skills you may want to reconsider tertiary education

Miss Winey

HSC
So you have deduced he is bad at maths based on him pointing out that you're asking stupid questions. With those reasoning skills you may want to reconsider tertiary education
hahaha this is hilarious!

it's funny cos it's true!

dachew

HSC
kind of unfair if you think of it this way:
Person 1 gets UAI of say umm... 66 and STILL gets into engineering at a uni with a lower cut off
person 2 gets uai of 85 for example, and gets into engineering at a uni with a higher cut off

in the end they still receive same expe, education, and occupation chances are even.

its unfair at the fact that sumone witha lower uai still managed to get into a similar degree, whilst you worked ur ass off to get into a uni with a higher cutoff...

duno, but i just think of it this way... no offense to any people

iEdd

HSC
Remember the UAI is only used to get the "smartest" into the places available for a degree at a given university. Low or high UAI people still need to pass all their subjects and meet the requirements of the degree.

gcspsp

HSC
UAI or ENTER or whatever is not looked at as an indication of 'smartness' by universities...the cut offs are only there based on 'popularity' of the course. The higher cut off course was probably more competitive to get into than the lower cut off...it doesnt necessarily mean that one course is easier than the other.

spence

HSC
kind of unfair if you think of it this way:
Person 1 gets UAI of say umm... 66 and STILL gets into engineering at a uni with a lower cut off
person 2 gets uai of 85 for example, and gets into engineering at a uni with a higher cut off

in the end they still receive same expe, education, and occupation chances are even.

its unfair at the fact that sumone witha lower uai still managed to get into a similar degree, whilst you worked ur ass off to get into a uni with a higher cutoff...

duno, but i just think of it this way... no offense to any people
That's not unfair, a higher UAI doesn't make you any better or more deserving to be an engineer. And they still have to go through all the same work to become an engineer, so it really isn't unfair in the slightest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)