Engineering (1 Viewer)

Ashutosh

HSC
I'm interested in doing Mechatronics but I'm not sure which Uni to do it at. UTS, USYD or UNSW. Can someone please provide me with some information or personal opinions??

Thanks,

Ashutosh

doink

Clone
HSC
Dear Ashutosh,

Read the one billion other posts on the exact same fucking topic.

Thanks,

doink

Ashutosh

HSC
i thought i wuld've been smarter to post the question again because all the other posts with the same question are filled with bullshit posts not even relating to the question!!

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
why does engineering attract so many chodes

engineering is shit and pays very little and is very hard to do with little chance for promotion or recognition.

dont do engineering, for your own sake

Ashutosh

HSC
there are many people out there who disagree with your opinion about engineering including me. If you have some valuable info. it would be appreciated.

ashutosh

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
there are many people out there who disagree with your opinion about engineering including me. If you have some valuable info. it would be appreciated.

ashutosh
you dont do engineering so how would you have developed an informed opinion regarding the subject yet?

Ashutosh

HSC
I'm undertaking Engineering as a subject for prelim. and HSC so i know exactly what it involves. Also, my father is a qualified aerospace engineer so i think i would have a firm and informed opinion about engineering.

miche11e

HSC
im doing mechanical and mechatronics at UTS. UTS doesnt have pure mechatronics like syd or unsw so thats something to consider. Im sure other posters can fill you in on the other unis but ill tell you about uts (what i know so far - im first yr).

So far its just been lots of physics - you really gotta love your physics especially for mech and/or mex. First semester of second year, you do a 6 month paid internship and again in fourth year which is good cos then once you finish (5 years with internship) you've got experience. there are free tutoring classes to help you pass the harder subjects (called U: pass) check out the handbooks for each uni for info on what classes you'll be doing
uts handbook: UTS: C10067v4 Bachelor of Engineering - UTS Handbook 2009 (scroll about 7/8 down the page)

Ashutosh

HSC
what do you mean by pure mechatronics??

btw, thanks a lot for the information. At least there are some poeple who can actually give useful information around here. Thanks.

Also, if you dont mind me asking, what was your UAI??

Thanks,

ashutosh

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I'm undertaking Engineering as a subject for prelim. and HSC so i know exactly what it involves. Also, my father is a qualified aerospace engineer so i think i would have a firm and informed opinion about engineering.
LOOOOOOOOOOOLooOloOLOOOOOOOOOOOOL

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC

btw, thanks a lot for the information. At least there are some poeple who can actually give useful information around here. Thanks.

Thanks,

ashutosh
Because prelim engineering is such a good indicator of what engineering involves.

And if your dad is such a good help why dont you just take his advice, im sure he would have an opinion.

Her UAI is in her sig. 90.XX

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Ashutosh

HSC
I dont know what world you're in but i never indicated that prelim. engineering teaches everything about enineering.

also, i got advice from my dad about whether i should go into the engineering field or not. I just asked a simple question about which university i should do it at.

ALSO, i dont know who you are, but you can go argue with someone else. dont need you in this forum. people use forums to communicate with each other and you are stuffing everything up. I even saw some of your comments in the other forums. either you need a doctor or you're just retarded.

In relation to the question, what is meant bu pure mechatronics and what is the difference between mechatronics taught at UTS than USYD or UNSW????

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
I dont know what world you're in but i never indicated that prelim. engineering teaches everything about enineering.

also, i got advice from my dad about whether i should go into the engineering field or not. I just asked a simple question about which university i should do it at.

ALSO, i dont know who you are, but you can go argue with someone else. dont need you in this forum. people use forums to communicate with each other and you are stuffing everything up. I even saw some of your comments in the other forums. either you need a doctor or you're just retarded.

In relation to the question, what is meant bu pure mechatronics and what is the difference between mechatronics taught at UTS than USYD or UNSW????
i cant go argue with someone else

iv already argued with everyone else to the point of exhaustion

its how i roll

i am using these forums to communicate. im just not providing any helpful information

in relation to the question, pure mechatronics is insert answer here
why does it matter what the difference is, you still come out with the same degree in the end

gcspsp

HSC
This is very contraditory to what you said before...

Ashutosh said:
This is a question that can only be answered by someone whos has completed the degree in each of those unis...i doubt you're going to find someone that sad.

Go do your own research dude...unis have websites for a reaason.

miche11e

HSC

Thanks,

ashutosh
Pure mechatronics is "bachelor of mechatronic engineering" (USYD, UNSW, most places)
UTS mechatronics is "Bachelor of mechanical and mechatronic engineering"
so basically UTS leans more towards the mechanical aspect of mechatronics so you'll be qualified for both mechanical AND mechatronic engineering when you finish
not sure if you'd find this an advantage or disadvantage and actually im not sure how much of a difference (in terms of subjects) it makes, but ive heard that the other unis put more emphasis on electronics

yeah my uai is in my sig (90.15)

Fogell

HSC
Considering there are limited jobs at the moment in the field of mechatronics, it MIGHT be a good idea to go to the University of Sydney. That way if you need to apply for jobs overseas like in the UK, US Jap or china where i assume all the mechatronic type jobs are at (at the moment) they will atleast know/have heard of/most importantny have a high regard for your university education.

UTS/UNSW are well known in Australia, and are fine institutions but only the big firms in Japan or the UK will have heard of UTS/UNSW. I refer to a thread in the Business/Commerce forum where a Boser was discussing how a US employer thought that UNSW was a 'newer' uni in Wales. Not Australia. This is why we have UNSW refering to their Commerce Fac. as the 'Australian School of Business'.

Ashutosh

HSC
yeh i think i'm getting the jist of it.

thanks for all the info guys,

much appreciated.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Considering there are limited jobs at the moment in the field of mechatronics, it MIGHT be a good idea to go to the University of Sydney. That way if you need to apply for jobs overseas like in the UK, US Jap or china where i assume all the mechatronic type jobs are at (at the moment) they will atleast know/have heard of/most importantny have a high regard for your university education.

UTS/UNSW are well known in Australia, and are fine institutions but only the big firms in Japan or the UK will have heard of UTS/UNSW. I refer to a thread in the Business/Commerce forum where a Boser was discussing how a US employer thought that UNSW was a 'newer' uni in Wales. Not Australia. This is why we have UNSW refering to their Commerce Fac. as the 'Australian School of Business'.
shut the fuck up fogell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)