• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Engineering (1 Viewer)

madgebula

HSC
HELP ME..im a yr 10 student n i want to noe if physics is VITAL for engineering courses in UNI..becuase i dont like physics but if i dont do it am i disadvantaged???

MoNNiE

HSC
it depends what type of engineering you are going into ..
if your doing electrical you will need to know the theory behind electricity etc.. blah blah
for civil you have newtons laws of motion ... and forces etc
mechanical all i can think for that is maths ?!
software......ummm...it's pretty much similar to electrical
chemical --- these is abit of physics :/

so i guess yes there is abit! but it just depends what strand you end up taking..
anyways don't be scared.. you only do physics in first year!! after that we go into ur chosen disciplines!

but serz take this advice.. hsc physics didn't help that much with uni physics.. the new hsc physics is too.. i dunno how to say it.. but when you get to uni the physics is almighty different.. like your doing more maths!!!

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
I think presumed knowledge for it is Maths extension 1, physics and english standard.
Yeah, and physics didn't really help except for the basic understanding of the problems.
I didn't do extension, but it went ok. I passed but barely, but having done physics in yr 12 and doing it at uni...it was my worst and hardest subject, dunno if it was just me though. :confused:

Last edited:
L

lucky

for uts... it says u need HSC chem..

please ignore that... thats the biggest load of shiit..

and yes.. do physics if u wanna do engineering... not that it helps... coz physics in uni is bullshit.. and u wanna get use to bullshit first in highschool or else u get screwed over in uni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)