Engineers of UNSW, need your help (1 Viewer)

BeeCom

HSC
OK fellas in need of some help

After 2 years of completing an execise science degree I've decided to move into something else (something with a brighter future......)

Now I really enjoy chem/bio, WAS pretty proficient at maths and physics (year 12). What do you guys reccomend? I'm willing to do all the bridging courses neccessary for maths/physics but mainly not sure of which stream I should try and enter into

Thanks for any advice guys & girls.

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
hmm something like b chem eng/masters in biomed eng double or maybe bioinformatics of you like computing

Affinity

HSC
so erm.. which particular subjects do you have so far

BeeCom

HSC
Affinity said:
so erm.. which particular subjects do you have so far
:confused:

none of the subjects from my current degree will transfer over. I plan on picking some maths courses/bridging courses this semester/summer holidays

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
mm not sure if you can do an internal transfer from exercise science either.

BeeCom

HSC
STx said:
mm not sure if you can do an internal transfer from exercise science either.
yep

Guys im not an retard I did get 88, nothing brag worthy but i will get into engineering.

right now I need advice on which particular type to choose, I was looking @ chem eng but the handbook only has pre -2006 subjects listed.

The thing is i'm also not sure if I want to enter dietetics @ sydney uni, but at least in engineering i'll get some transfer over with the high level maths/chem/physics that are done in 1st year.

shannonm

HSC
N/A

BeeCom

HSC
Guys im looking for ADVICE since you are actually IN ENGINEERING. I have already read all the different courses for engineering and am leaning towards heading into chemical

BTW i've read here/friends have told me flexible first year is bad since if you do major in something different you may have missed out on the groundwork in first year (like doing higher maths for elec engineering).

OK 'forbidden' you are so e-cool now, go watch some love hina

Anyways thanks STx for your help

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Forbidden. said:
Sometimes I think before people post queries about courses here they should consult the handbook first.
Sometimes I think that you should take a knife and stab yourselves in the head repeatedly.

No, I lie, I think you should do this all the time, not just sometimes.

EDIT: Bachelor of Chemical Engineering/Master of Biomedical Engineering (5 years)

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Curry said:
Sometimes I think that you should take a knife and stab yourselves in the head repeatedly.

No, I lie, I think you should do this all the time, not just sometimes.

EDIT: Bachelor of Chemical Engineering/Master of Biomedical Engineering (5 years)
I take that all the time mother fucker LOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)