enginnering / commerce double degree? (1 Viewer)

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, just recently I've been talking to a charted accountant and now i am considering about the double degree of engineering/commerce and major in civil.
I was always planning to do civil engineering in the first place, but not with commerce.

Do you need HSC knowledge of economics / commerce for the course? because i dropped commerce in year 11 and absolutely hated it. :$

because I wan't to have at least some knowledge of accounting with engineering !

And also, how many hours is considered FULL TIME in engineering?

thankyou :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you hated Commerce at school, chances are you're not going to like Commerce at uni. Anyways, they teach from scratch.

And there is no 'full time hours' in Engineering - you take 24 uoc - usually 4 subjects - a semester. However, 18uoc, usually 3 subjects, is considered "full time" load.

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
If you hated Commerce at school, chances are you're not going to like Commerce at uni. Anyways, they teach from scratch.
thanks for that ! :)

if i do decide to do the double degree, and I perhaps i choose to drop commerce as my 2nd degree, i am still able to carry on with engineering major in civil right?

unholybuddha

HSC
I liked university economics and hated high school economics.

Commerce and engineering degrees are more related than you may think. Many financial firms recruit engineers because of their excellent quantitative skill and also many engineers move into management as their career progresses. Doing engineering and commerce would not be a bad choice.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Though if you want quantitative skill... I think numero uno would be maffs majors. I mean, they literally ooze quantitate...ness. that's not a word, is it. <_<

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
Though if you want quantitative skill... I think numero uno would be maffs majors. I mean, they literally ooze quantitate...ness. that's not a word, is it. <_<
Who needs all that theory what not. If you want applied maths in an applied science, major in psychology. Those Stats and Methods

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Who needs all that theory what not. If you want applied maths in an applied science, major in psychology. Those Stats and Methods
The theory develops logical thinking skills, analytic thinking skills, quantitative thinking skills.

There's a reason that when people ask for quantitative skills - they ask for Maths majors, and interestingly Physics and Engineering majors as well sometimes...

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
The theory develops logical thinking skills, analytic thinking skills, quantitative thinking skills.

There's a reason that when people ask for quantitative skills - they ask for Maths majors, and interestingly Physics and Engineering majors as well sometimes...
Its just a social perception.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, just recently I've been talking to a charted accountant and now i am considering about the double degree of engineering/commerce and major in civil.
I was always planning to do civil engineering in the first place, but not with commerce.

Do you need HSC knowledge of economics / commerce for the course? because i dropped commerce in year 11 and absolutely hated it. :$

because I wan't to have at least some knowledge of accounting with engineering !

And also, how many hours is considered FULL TIME in engineering?

thankyou :)
In first year you have more hours for civil but in later years it's usually 20 hours a week. I usually mix the civil subjects with a commerce subject so I get less hours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)