Engl120 :) (1 Viewer)

lucidassembly

HSC
I checked the list of textbooks recommended for this unit, and Macbeth was among them. I was wondering how long this text is studied for within the unit :) There were no other novels or plays listed, so will this be our only text?

Trinket

HSC
When I did 120 (a couple of years ago), we covered Macbeth in two weeks. The rest of the course was devoted to analysing the texts in the Course Materials/Notes you'll also have to buy. =]

wasabi89

HSC
I just added this unit to my studies, is this unit hard? fun? what would you describe it as? lol
sorry for the randomness

Trinket

HSC
I loved ENGL120. Found it much more interesting than HSC English, although I know a lot of people thought it was the most tedious unit, ever. In the HSC, you focused on techniques and their effects, and you'll be doing something similar in ENGL120, but the techniques are a bit more complex. You won't be looking at metaphors and similes and spotting examples of alliteration, but things like focalisation, pace, semiotic theory and... things that have slipped my mind. >.>

It's very dry if you don't like analysing techniques and the way a text is put together, but it's not overly difficult.

wasabi89

HSC
LOL.. my god.. i loved finding metaphor, similies n analysing those HSC stuff o__o
the ones u named .. makes me totally lost LOL!!
I hope i get use to it... =.= sounds difficult..

Thankyou for replying =D

Trinket

HSC
Unless they've changed the unit outline drastically, you'll get a mini dictionary and definitions list. It should be at the back somewhere.

They don't expect you to know everything off the bat -- there are whole lectures devoted to identifying the techniques, and then you explore their uses in texts in your tutes. It's an introductory unit, so don't stress. xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)