Engl120? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
This can be the "Help!" thread...

My first question. Anyone got something of a summary for "What is Narrative?"

I don't reeaaallyyyy get it (and this is in regards to the upcoming assessment). Say, form and structure - do we just keep on going on about how form and structure strengthen the narrative and role of the narrative?!? Don't we have to define narrative in there somewhere (probably), and if so, what would you say?!?! "It's a story"/"it says something"/something else?!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I dont do english or anything remotely similar, but isnt narrative a bit more complex than just repeating the text? Thats a summary, right? From what I remember from the HSC (and doing gross Bladerunner/Brave New World), a narrative structure/analysis is recalling the symbolic points of a story.. so it take into account the summary of the story, but you dont just regurgitate it.... So you're on the right track when you say that its a story/poem/essay etc, but... hmmm.......

Email your tutor :)

sigh

HSC
Have you read the texts in the course reader we were meant to buy?

I didn't do the narratie question, cause I thought the form/content question would be easier, but the very first two lectures we had, and a couple of materials in the course reader should cover what you're looking at in narrative.

Wasn't this due like a week ago? :S

sigh

HSC
yeah i noticed the date after I'd already posted - so sue me :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)