ENGLISH ADV - PAPER ONE (1 Viewer)

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Paper 1 is up at https://educationstandards.nsw.edu....3/english-advanced-2023-hsc-exam-pack++++++++ but lots of stuff redacted due to copyright - even though one of the authors posted her own article on twitter!

the author of the piece found out that her article was in paper 1 here’s her tweet https://x.com/marrowing/status/1711911571449057687?s=46
Paper 2 is not up yet but when it goes up it will be at the same link because it is part of the same exam pack.

Last edited:

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
There’s no way the Nesa sample answers get full marks is there ? Just read them - band 4 at best right ?
I'll look at them more extensively later since I only skimmed through it - but nesa sample answers are really lacking lol they have the bare minimum

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
There’s no way the Nesa sample answers get full marks is there ? Just read them - band 4 at best right ?
update: yeah just read through all of them thoroughly they kinda suck 😭 they say sample answer but I've always felt the sample answers were the bare minimum (band 4-5 standards)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
But is that Nesa standards then or no
nesa standards of an average-mark-range i *think*. cos idt it's a sample answer indicative of a full marker, they said it was a sample response not an exemplar one as the above comment said

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
I mean they use the word sample answer for all subjects including maths and stuff so I would have assumed that it’s held to the same standard which is of an exemplar but idk

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I was under the impression that it was minimum needed for a top range response (A-range or b6)
ok that's good then, cos i knew that the hsc markers were super lenient but i wasn't aware of how lenient they were, hoping for a top mark for section i then 😭

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
\If that’s the full marks standard then English will align 1:1 and scale like a dog this year.
nah i doubt it, if you look at the marking guidelines of the past eng adv hscs you'll see the sample answers for section i of paper 1 are all crappy as well but the alignment is roughly the same (not 1:1). if anything, then alignment could slightly be worse than 2020-22 due to the fact we had no excerpt questions and the essay qs were all pretty broad, but that could easily be compensated with by scrutinising the essays (eg. if they answered every single aspect of the q, how sophisticated the idea was, etc), but iirc 2019 didn't have any excerpts either and the alignment seems more or less the same with 2020-22 ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)