English Adv. representation task (1 Viewer)

punkoohi

HSC
Tess of the D'urbervilles!!! By Thomas Hardy, its an excellent read... im in year 11, we have a representation task on the novel, we have to represent a theme from the novel protrayed through the characters, using "art" pretty much, like maybe make up an analogy and show it in 3D form... PLEASE HELP, i have nooo idea what i could do?

Evercursed

Troubled Thinker
HSC
Crazy talk! Analyse what themes are represented in each scene and try to construct it, using appropiate colours, collage, etc which conveys the meaning. How hard can it be?

punkoohi

HSC
I HAVE AN IDEA!!!! im going to get a canvas, and make the domino effect, because Fate plays a BIG role in the novel, and each domino is going to be a different colour throughout different times i.e. in the beginning, it will be pure, as Tess is pure in the beginning and in experienced, then i will make it a different colour for when the horse dies, then when she meets Alec, then when she gets raed, and then when she goes to Talbothays and meets Angel and then when she falls in love, and then she tries to tell him but he keeps speaking over her, and then he tells her his secret on the wedding night and she forgives, but she does the same, and he doesnt forgive, and maybe i can do something about the dream, like a floating domino or something, then he walks out on her, and so on and so on (she meets Alec again... amrriage) and maybe for each domino ill chip away a piece when its all bad, but then she'll have hope so ill put that chipped piece back in..
Plus im gonna make the dominoes go up and down to show how the landscape was used, when she was in the lowlands of the country, it was all bad (Alec) then she was in highlands (Angel) all good... THIS IS EXCELLENT... What do you think?

karnoganguli

HSC
Did that in year 10, bored the hell out of me.

Not a bad idea. If you've got the time, materials and passion (yah, ok not passion) then go ahead.

punkoohi

HSC
im thinking of changing it from dominoes to cards, cause u know how theres a saying about life and the cards it deals u... i dunno, butt dominoes isnt working for me i dunno why:(

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Wow, you're putting a lot of effort into the assignment.

Personally I think the cards idea is better than the domino one. You could draw a picture of "Fate" (or how you picture him/her/it to be like) holding the "cards" of Tess's life in his/her/it's hands with each card depicting an important scene in her life or something.

If I was going to draw the card thing, I would've drawn Tess playing cards against fate and losing, thereby showing how she couldn't escape fate's clutches. The wadger that Tess placed would've been her own life. Fits in with the whole thing of Fate playing with her life at the end of book, because after all, cards is just a game.

Good luck in whatever you choose though.

Gah. I hated the book though. Too many blatant (aka: sexual) Freudian images for my liking.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)