English (ADV) (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone, i have a prob here!
In you 10 I initially chose adv. English as my first choice, however due to 34 ppl applying for the same on advanced class, only 29 made it! I missed out!!
So my English teacher said that when the half yearly's are over, she will organise onther adv class and I will make it, ofcourse scoring high English results.
Today before our half yearly commenced, she annouced that there will not be another advanced class, so those that are there, will stay there, there are currently 24 students in the class.
After the exam, I went to the staffroom to ask here about my situation, and to my shock she annouced to me that she doesn't think that I will like it there, she hasn't even marked the damn test yet! I worked so hard for this last term and a half and I feel that all this was for nothing.
Please guys, help me out, how can I convince her that i'm capable enough to do advanced?

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
* do well with your standard work and if you do really well they muight consider you
* have a chat with the heas teacher/ year avidosr/deputy whoever to try sort it out

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
that is absolutely fucked. Get your parents up to the school and have a talk with the principal cos this is a serious matter and everybody should have the right to the english they want to do and are capable of doing. They could have split 34 into two classes and still would have more than the minimum required in the class. Although, there is always the problem of teacher shortages but one adv yr 12 class is crazy. Wait for the results of the exam and if they are good (presumably they will be according to you) then you will have further proof. I can understand if someone missed out on another subject but English is important and they shouldnt be brushing you away like that.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Yeah, get your parents involved, go to the head of English first, and if that doesn't work, go to the deputy, because they promised you an opportunity that they are now refusing to follow through on. Wait until you get your marks, and take any other English assessments you've done also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)