english advanced- imaginative jouney (1 Viewer)

Linhy`-

oO god sumone help me.. >.< .. it's the holies.. and i'm trying ..may i emphasis TRYING to do sum work...
it's been like 3 weeks and i still havent' finished "emma" i dont'get it.. all the character change and gets me kinda lost..
anihu.. can sumone help me.. explain to me what the hell is ment by "imaginative journey"? physical and inner jounery i get.. but my lovely teacher just had to choose imginative.. da hardest one gosh!..

-Linhy

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
it's been like 3 weeks and i still havent' finished "emma" i dont'get it.. all the character change and gets me kinda lost..
Agreed!

There are too many characters and at times the language is really complex. I constantly have a dictionary with me at all times when i ATTEMPT to read it. I hired out Emma and Clueless and I watched Clueless but i dont wanna watch emma till i finish reading because it will wreck it .. but clueless wrecked it already but now i wanna read emma to see the similarties with clueless. Im nearly up to Volume 2.. Ive read nothing!

Linhy`-

"There are too many characters and at times the language is really complex. I constantly have a dictionary with me at all times when i ATTEMPT to read it."

hahaha thats funnie that u said that ..cos i went out and bought a new freakin dictionary just soo i can read it.. and i'm still struggling.. lol

the movie emma is actually not that bad.. it's very Cute.. lol.. saw the movie ages ago.. and i assure u it's much more intresting then the god damn book..*rolls eyes.. haha

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
k seeing as noone is in the English forums and therefore have not replied to my kwestion in the AOS forum or the adv eng heer it is gain
wuts the difference between an imaginative, speculative or inspirational journey?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yes i like emma/clueless.. i really dont think you need to read the whole novel (i am though) but theres so many chapter summaries available on the net, and i have the excel study guide thing and it has everything lol

Linhy`-

yeh i know it's not for journey ..
just that the begining is soo boring.. ididnt' really get into the book untill chapter 4? or 5?.. hahhahaha .. ahhaah i love the net.. i think i'd die without it.. got all my summeries for Othello last year.. did a 5 page essay on othello without even reading the damn book .. lol. DOWN WITH SHAKESPEARE!! ..evil lil man .. makes life so much harder for english students..>.<

fashionista- sorry about that..i'm only new i didnt' see all the other threads espically the one on teh differnce between the three journeys.. bleh..

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
i dont know if uve gone ahead and found out already, but ill put in my 2 cents. think about it as simply as this - there are two basic types of imaginative journeys. Those that take place within the imagination and those journeys that are inspired by the imagination.

The best way to remember what the imaginative journey is to think of two movies that both fall under that category but are totally different. 2001: A Space Odyssey and Mulholland Drive.

The journey in 2001: A Space Odyssey is basically the evolution of mankind and the evolution of technology. The introduction of technology opened up the imagination to the possibility of technolgy and how we use it for destructive purposes (note the first murder at the start of the film) - and ultimately Kurbiks film is a man vs. technology sort of thing.

Mulholland Drive is noticably different, but is also an imaginative journey that is taken within the imagination. Its basically about a woman's dream - and how she dreams up this perfect state of existence where she is not miserable - where she is in love - where she is a great actress. But ultimately the dream ends and she returns to her nightmare reality.

Take these two films and relate them to Coleridge's poetry (are u studying that?) This Lime Tree Bower My Prison relates to 2001: A Space Odyssey - his imagination is opened up and he is given the ability to transcend the corporeal confines of the lime- tree bower. He is able to re-live the journey through past experiences - and in effect reaches a heightened state of an appreciation of nature he would not have experienced had he actually gone on the journey. It is because of his imagination that allows him to take that journey.

Coleridge's poem Kubla Khan is the obvious choice to relate to Mulholland Drive - it talks of an opium- induced dream where he talks about a Utopian state of existence and divulges in the beauty and mystery of nature.

I hope this helps. Basically just remember: journey that takes place within the imagination, journey that is inspired by the imagination. And remember those two films. And those two poems. That is what helps me keep my mind on track.

I think the most confusing is the journey that is inspired by the imagination - because the one that takes place within the imagination is a fairly simple concept to grasp.

If you want something else to help you with that one look at Gary Ross' Pleasantville. The arrival of Tobey Maguire and Reese Witherspoon opens up the imagination of the townspeople of the superficial black and white TV land - bringing colour into the world as they all discover sex, spontaneity, change, etc. Even the intruders are willing to change, as they too open up to a new world outside their own and come out the end as different people.

Hope this helps.

Linhy`-

ahhahah lol thanx Trigger189..erm yeh that helped.. i finished my speech .. used alot of the stuf that i found in the forum .. hehe bu thanxx.. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)