English Advanced Paper 2 [Discussion/Thoughts] (1 Viewer)

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
Good luck for Paper 2 everyone!

For those not doing English Extension, I'm assuming that the end of Paper 2 would indicate the completion of your HSC English experience :)

Hopefully NESA won't ask you guys to specify a text for those doing poems/speeches!

Last edited:

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Re: English (Std./Adv.) Paper 2 [Discussion/Thoughts]

I'm doing poems in Mod A and speeches in Mod B... I really hope only 1 (max) has a prescribed.

OkDen

HSC
Uni Grad
English IS FINALLY DONE FOREVER! :guitar: :biglaugh: :caffeine: :tennisclap:

Anyways, the paper wasn't that bad at all.

Module A: Julius Caesar and The Prince
Module B: Citizen Kane
Module C: Brave New World (Related Text: Divergent)

Last edited:

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
Man im so glad the hamlet question was so vague.

hsay25

HSC
The Metropolis and 1984 question was abit odd asking about cultural conversation.

But the hamlet and art of travel questions were pretty good.

THANK GOD ENGLISH IS FINALLY OVER!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjuunnee

HSC
woohoo!! no more english forever!!

overall it was ok for me, but had to cut down on a few quotes or else i wouldnt have finished. so annoying that they gave us a massive passage from w;t in mod a

planetblue

HSC
SLAYED Yeats in Mod B. Didn't study whatsoever for Among School Children. I nearly cried when I saw there wasn't a prescribed poem, and did Airman, Wild Swans and Leda. Had a lot of fun with it.

Mod A (if I have this the right way around) was The Crucible for me. SLAYED. Used Hamilton the musical as my related.

Mod C was Pride and Prejudice + Letters to Alice SLAYED ME. I DIED. Good luck to whoever marks my paper.

HoldingOn

HSC
Very pleased- questions were all standard for me. Only interesting bit was Mod B for Hamlet- about empathy. I just talked about the form of the soliloquies and how they enable the audience to view into Hamlet’s mind and deeply connect with his moral paralysis etc

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
SLAYED Yeats in Mod B. Didn't study whatsoever for Among School Children. I nearly cried when I saw there wasn't a prescribed poem, and did Airman, Wild Swans and Leda. Had a lot of fun with it.

Mod A (if I have this the right way around) was The Crucible for me. SLAYED. Used Hamilton the musical as my related.

Mod C was Pride and Prejudice + Letters to Alice SLAYED ME. I DIED. Good luck to whoever marks my paper.
Haha yea a lot of my class in 2017 didn't study much for among school children and they specified it

whatafeeling

HSC
I feel like i did way better than my trials, the questions were interesting and mouldable to my prepared ideas.
I was sooo happy they didn't prescribe a speech too
Yea I ran out of time and had to leave out a few quotes for MOD C, but my time management always sucks anyways haha
overall im actually super happy and relieved and i will NEVER write an english essay ever again yay !!!!:skip:

JaxsenW

HSC
Overall, I honestly felt it was a bit easier than I was expecting.
The screenshot freaked a few people at my school, but having looked at the 2016 paper I was kinda prepared for it, so that wasnt too bad. Overall, my essay was decent
Was super happy with Mod B, pumped out a really good essay and didn't really have to think to much. Probably the best Mod B essay I've written actually...
Mod C has never been my favourite, but it was okay. We didnt have an ORT for trials, so writing a Mod C essay with an ORT was significantly easier, but still fairly decent I hope
Overall I'm pretty happy with how I did, so hopefully the mark is decent enough and we can move on to all the fun stuff :)

I am so glad I never have to do English again my god.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SirLaptop

HSC
Yikes, Usyd and UQ is definitely off the table for me. Mod B was a serious curveball chucked at me, expected something specific but I had to chuck 2/3 of my remembered quotes in the bin immediately, I struggled to figure out what it meant initially and revolved my essay around how the audiences are angry at Hamlet's indecision and the disappointment faced at the play's ending, showing a lack of empathy for Hamlet as a character. Other two questions were okay, the excerpts and 'cultural conversation' thing was a bit odd for mod a but I got my head around it.

I tip myself to bomb English, none of the essays I did I felt were as good as trials, even Mod C which is far and away my strongest unit.

Never again. at least I can actually do the subjects that I'M GOOD AT for the rest of my hsc LMAO.

Last edited:

Frostguard

HSC
Lol honestly didn't slay anything all the questions threw me off
Mod A - Gatsby+Sonnets from Portuguese I only realised that I only talked about cultural contexts instead of 'ongoing' cultural contexts I'm howling will I lose marks imao
Mod A- yeah nah bro literature involving the appreciation of empathy and acknowledging the uncomfortable truth the whole question made me comfortable
Mod C - actually garbo at mod c anyway and I didn't finish my conclusion :cry:

It's ok guys English is done!!! (Unless y'all do Extension, then good luck!!!)

HoldingOn

HSC
For Metropolis how did people incorporate the still? I just used it for 3/4 of my first paragraph and talked about the destruction of corporeal agency as robot Maria seduces the modernist individual.... Did anyone go with a gender approach? Would have been interesting

kwonjiyong

HSC
I talked about the recurring shapes of pyramids and triangles that were also in the still, which represent the hierarchal structure of society under exploited control and then linked context --> such shapes were prevalent in the German Art Deco Movement and also represents devolving capitalist Weimar Germany within a state with growing economic disparities between the working class and elite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)