• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

hscccc

HSC
If it is discursive I will walk out of the room
ill track down the hsc examiners and have a little word... no but seriously everyone worries about them specifying discursive every year and it never happens. My teacher says theyve spoken abt it before w other markers and its always "if we want everyone to fail it then yeah" because discursives always perform worse, i dont think theyre going to do it tbh

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
If it is discursive I will walk out of the room
literally. surely they wouldn’t doom so many people?? i would be lucky to get 10/20 if we had a discursive… if any hsc paper makers come across this just know i will hunt you down if you don’t give an imaginative option. :shoot:

e8zks

HSC
literally. surely they wouldn’t doom so many people?? i would be lucky to get 10/20 if we had a discursive… if any hsc paper makers come across this just know i will hunt you down if you don’t give an imaginative option. :shoot:
I have not written a discursive since yr 10 :rolleyes:

e8zks

HSC
u got an thoughts for legal

JosephSeed

HSC
MY PREDICTIONS - hope that i am wrong for everything except mod c

SHORT ANSWER
- Four separate texts with no images. 3 marker, 5 marker, 6 marker, 6 marker (compare) - going to be extremely tough

COMMON MOD
- Question regarding the paradoxes and inconsistencies of a specific human experience.

MODULE A
- Generic module A question. We will be given a quote regarding something centering on the first text, and how they lay the foundations for the second (TO WHAT EXTENT)

MODULE B
- Text specific questions with stimulus from your text. This will be a 'how has it shifted your understanding'.

MODULE C
- Full 20 mark discursive (part of this is me hoping it'll be this)
my teach predicted a reflection. so yeah we are screwed

HSC
View attachment 44538
ooooooooohhhhhhh- NAH CAUSE WHAT THE HELL IS A LEXICAL CHAIN, YOU ARE A PLANT, MAKING ME DOUBT MOD B. LIKE WTF IS A LEXICAL CHAIN. IM DOOONNNNEEEEE
I thought Objective Correlative was essentially, you can't convey emotion by simply stating it, but through imagery (maybe accumulation of it), you can convey emotion

Thats what I think at least

nonya2000

HSC
Only thing that scares me is mod b text prescription, since I do eliot. If they prescribe a poem I am not prepared for I'll probably kill myself honestly. I'm making the dumb decision to assume that they wont prescribe hollow men again (since they did that a few years back), so I have a 3/4 chance that they prescrie one of my poems. Hopefully love song since i like my love song paragrah the least
haha my school gets to do good night and good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)