• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (24 Viewers)

katiekms

/bænd/
HSC
i’m not sure honestly; i personally don’t think there’s anything wrong w writing less because they’re not marking by length they’re marking by the depth, sophistication, and structure of your discussion, but it is harder to reach those points with a shorter discussion.

i hesitate to say any numbers because i genuinely just don’t know! i’m sure it went fine regardless, lots of the skills you learn for imaginative writing translate to discursive writing and the markers should recognise and reward that 😊
thank you!! i hope you’re right

tvskAXatar

HSC
For Mod C I’m a bit nervous…am I cooking or cooked?

I did a discursive, talked about convenience and making life easier with a starting analogy asking to picture the reader in their car using automatic transmissions etc…used a stat about it…talked about how all these connivence and time saving things can be attributable to 3 things digital and automatic and centralised. Talked about how things have been integrated into one thing often for seamless purposes, then talked about the opposite of integrating called differentiating in calculus, then talked about calculus more and how the calculator is a great tool invented making life easier (and positives etc) then inviting reader to consider skills decay this has caused….and whether they fall into the general group or a group that uses convenience tech to their benefit (3 pages)

Last edited:

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC

I did a discursive, talked about convenience and making life easier with a starting analogy asking to picture the reader in their car using automatic transmissions etc…used a stat about it…talked about how all these connivence and time saving things can be attributable to 3 things digital and automatic and centralised. Talked about how things have been integrated into one thing often for seamless purposes, then talked about the opposite of integrating called differentiating in calculus, then talked about calculus more and how the calculator is a great tool invented making life easier (and positives etc) then inviting reader to consider skills decay this has caused….and whether they fall into the general group or a group that uses conscience tech to their benefit.
100% COOKING

igor9

HSC
3. I CANT BELIEVE THEY DID THAT, AND THE STIMULUS FIT MY DISCURSIVE SO WELL
same here buddy let's fucking go, although 20 mark was a lot for a discursive, but i hope they mark it fine coz it matches the question exactly, about like moving outta ur comfort zones and going back to basics for a more enriched human experience etc. etc. etc.

katiekms

/bænd/
HSC

I did a discursive, talked about convenience and making life easier with a starting analogy asking to picture the reader in their car using automatic transmissions etc…used a stat about it…talked about how all these connivence and time saving things can be attributable to 3 things digital and automatic and centralised. Talked about how things have been integrated into one thing often for seamless purposes, then talked about the opposite of integrating called differentiating in calculus, then talked about calculus more and how the calculator is a great tool invented making life easier (and positives etc) then inviting reader to consider skills decay this has caused….and whether they fall into the general group or a group that uses conscience tech to their benefit.
BRO this made me realise i should’ve talked about the dark ages NOOOOOOOO the skills decay would’ve been so good to talk about

igor9

HSC
u don't gotta talk abt technology tho right for the discursive, it's more about going back to the basics, and going outta ur comfort zone and stuff and realising thru travel and my journey, that there are benefits in living a less comfortable life and dat? I mean that's what i did, since it said take ideas from the stimulus, and that's an idea i can talk abt.

Solarised

HSC
u don't gotta talk abt technology tho right for the discursive, it's more about going back to the basics, and going outta ur comfort zone and stuff and realising thru travel and my journey, that there are benefits in living a less comfortable life and dat? I mean that's what i did, since it said take ideas from the stimulus, and that's an idea i can talk abt.
You give points for and against though, or did you just talk about comfort???

utopianimal

HSC
bruh i had to make a 4 page discursive on the spot and it was so bad, will this like significantly take me away from the marks i was projected to get or is it not much of an issue?

igor9

HSC
You give points for and against though, or did you just talk about comfort???
i talked abt both sides in the experience of moving to a new place, and my opinion on going outta my comfort zone changed and allowed me to gain a deeper insight of how this experience can allow me to navigate more difficult experiences and the benefits of that. idk man praying it's fine 🙏

Solarised

HSC
i talked abt both sides in the experience of moving to a new place, and my opinion on going outta my comfort zone changed and allowed me to gain a deeper insight of how this experience can allow me to navigate more difficult experiences and the benefits of that. idk man praying it's fine 🙏
Thats an unsafe topic imo you should have talked about the disconnection from society due to the widespread use of technology, then you would have gone on to say tech does this to improve quality of life, but a life without tech does vice versa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 8)