• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (40 Viewers)

genenian

HSC
id rather have brutal paper 1 than brutal paper 2
mhm same here
ive seen a lot of mixed prep for mod b and a. do people usually prep 2 large bodies or 3 medium ones with like 3 pieces of evidence??????????????????????????????????

weeze

HSC
mhm same here
ive seen a lot of mixed prep for mod b and a. do people usually prep 2 large bodies or 3 medium ones with like 3 pieces of evidence??????????????????????????????????
for mod A hagseed tempest i did 2 large bodies with comparison of both texts and 4 quotes in each

for mod B ts eliot i did 3 paragraphs with 3 pieces of evidence and 2 poems in each paragraph but analysed 3 poems total so like
poem 1 & 2
poem 2 & 3
poem 3 & 1

HSC
for mod A hagseed tempest i did 2 large bodies with comparison of both texts and 4 quotes in each

for mod B ts eliot i did 3 paragraphs with 3 pieces of evidence and 2 poems in each paragraph but analysed 3 poems total so like
poem 1 & 2
poem 2 & 3
poem 3 & 1
How did that work out? I rarely hear of people doing only 2 body paragraphs, but if it worked out then that's all that matters.

appleali

HSC

poem 1 & 2
poem 2 & 3
poem 3 & 1
same as me except i did 2 poems in each with 4 poems total, i had like 5 quotes per para

poem 1 and 2
poem 3 and 4
poem 1 and 4

appleali

HSC
also for mod a i did 4 paragraphs,
idea 1 tempest
idea 1 hagseed

idea 2 tempest
idea 2 hagseed

each with around 3-5 quotes

HSC
also for mod a i did 4 paragraphs,
idea 1 tempest
idea 1 hagseed

idea 2 tempest
idea 2 hagseed

each with around 3-5 quotes
Wow, this is exactly what I do too! Except the ideas tend to be ones that link up well (like a problem/solution). E.g. idea 1 is imprisonment, idea 2 is freedom

appleali

HSC
Wow, this is exactly what I do too! Except the ideas tend to be ones that link up well (like a problem/solution). E.g. idea 1 is imprisonment, idea 2 is freedom
yep nice the only problem i found is that my ideas (power of theatre and revenge vs hope) sometimes don’t link with given extract questions
although i think it’s unlikely because they’ve already done it twice

weeze

HSC
at my school they wanted us to do two body paragraph each is really fat and compares both texts throughout idk they said structurally its more complex

so only 2 themes overall that contributes to one overarching theme like the transformative power of the arts or something

bellyballs

HSC
guys mod c by deduction should only be 15/5 or 20... last year 12/8 and they've done 10/10 twice soooo i dont think we need a reflection cause if its a 15/5 the 5 would be the stimulus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 33, Guests: 7)