• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (3 Viewers)

tvskAXatar

HSC
oh what? is it referring to this thing in rubric: 'By responding imaginatively, interpretively and critically students explore and evaluate individual and
common textual features, concepts and values.
i'm pretty sure its referring to what internal assessments for module A can entail - like how common mod requires you have a related text in the assessment but not in the actual hsc exam

so i wouldn't worry about writing something imaginative for paper 2 tomorrow (for module A anyway)
Module A can ask for an imaginative? Fuck!

mostgnarly

HSC
oh what? is it referring to this thing in rubric: 'By responding imaginatively, interpretively and critically students explore and evaluate individual and
common textual features, concepts and values.
i'm pretty sure its referring to what internal assessments for module A can entail - like how common mod requires you have a related text in the assessment but not in the actual hsc exam

so i wouldn't worry about writing something imaginative for paper 2 tomorrow (for module A anyway)
thats what I thought initially as well, until my english teacher told us an hour ago she is expecting a different form response for mod a and b. She didn't teach us how to do that, so I'm very confused

roseviolett

HSC
thats what I thought initially as well, until my english teacher told us an hour ago she is expecting a different form response for mod a and b. She didn't teach us how to do that, so I'm very confused
i feel like its highly unlikely
she could have meant form in some other way? idk what to think tbh

mostgnarly

HSC
i feel like its highly unlikely
she could have meant form in some other way? idk what to think tbh
oh well. I have no idea what I'd do, so Im gonna stick with my essay plan and hope for the best. If it ends up being a different form, may god have mercy on the poor markers who have to slog through whatever dribble I put on the page

tvskAXatar

HSC
Any last minute tips on fucking time management? Only 2 hours for two big essays and one potentially forced made up on the spot writing with a reflection is so fucking daunting. I didn’t memorise but have comprehensive quote tables/essay plans

rev668

HSC
Any last minute tips on fucking time management? Only 2 hours for two big essays and one potentially forced made up on the spot writing with a reflection is so fucking daunting. I didn’t memorise but have comprehensive quote tables/essay plans
always do ur conclusion no matter what, if you dont do a conclusion you get docked a mark for not having the correct form, personally i do 7 min for intro and 10 mins for every bp, i never really get it so try integrate your ultimately sentences into ur last tqe and dont fall off schedule, skip a tqe at the end if needed, im doing 45 for mod a 35 for mod b and 40 for mod c, good luck trust im in a worse place than you rn

jn3238291

HSC
give us a status update g
looking real grim. Halfway through mod A. Praying mod b comes easy bc I learnt it in trials, low-key might take the risk and only study 3 poems. And when I get to mod C ill see how I'm feelg bc I alr know it and I feel I can just review the reflection in the morning. MOD A taking forever tho. Long night ahead .

rev668

HSC
looking real grim. Halfway through mod A. Praying mod b comes easy bc I learnt it in trials, low-key might take the risk and only study 3 poems. And when I get to mod C ill see how I'm feelg bc I alr know it and I feel I can just review the reflection in the morning. MOD A taking forever tho. Long night ahead .
35% into mod b we gon make it bruh, im doing 3 poems

rev668

HSC
I'm not I'm halfwaythrough last para of mod A, only really need to learn preludes bc I know my other 2 from trials pre well, hbu
mod a done, mod b i know my quotes and i know my context just gonna freestyle it and mod c is getting done on the day heading to sleep now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)