English Advanced raw mark (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
yep, but don't get complacent. hsc markers mark crazy harsh to spread everyone out.

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
yep, but don't get complacent. hsc markers mark crazy harsh to spread everyone out.
Is this really true though? I've been averaging around 88% all year, but how hard would it be to get the same raw marks in the hsc?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Is this really true though? I've been averaging around 88% all year, but how hard would it be to get the same raw marks in the hsc?
It would be hard for us to determine. I think the best way to find out would be to talk to past b6 students from your school or ask your teacher as they would know the trends and what mark you would need for external band 6

photastic

HSC
It would be hard for us to determine. I think the best way to find out would be to talk to past b6 students from your school or ask your teacher as they would know the trends and what mark you would need for external band 6
+1

A lot of people fail trials but jump because schools usually mark harder than the HSC standard so your school mark is irrelevant.

hungry

HSC
I didn't want to make a new thread for this so I was wondering if you average like 75% in advanced English what would that probably align to? I'm worried because it's my worst subject

YOLO_SWAYG

HSC
N/A
How hard do English Advanved HSC markers mark? Judging from these alignments I feel my school marked more easier. :/

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
usually schools always mark easier, but there's the few schools that don't do that

photastic

HSC
usually schools always mark easier, but there's the few schools that don't do that
I thought they mark harder, our school's HSC marks are significantly better than our trial marks over the years.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I thought they mark harder, our school's HSC marks are significantly better than our trial marks over the years.
Most schools, in fact the majority of schools mark easier than hsc. There are only a select few that mark harder (which is a good thing) and yours and faisal's might be 2 of them.

Eg I've seen samples that are really good, but have only yielded 15-17/20 in hsc. On Bos if you look at state rankers' samples that got 19-20/20 they use very sophisticated language almost everywhere and with techniques, quotes, analysis to support their point. So English is not a subject where everyone can do well, because it also depends on how well you use the language to convey your argument.

Sure, it's possible for anyone to get a low band 6 by having a good essay with techniques + quotes that are good, but if you want a mid-high band 6 you've really got to know your texts, plus you must have the vocabulary to execute it well. That's why it's really hard to do well in English.

mirachael

HSC
What would be a typical band 6 cut off then? Would 80% be a safe bet?

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
What's the raw mark needed for a hsc mark of around 83/84? Doesn't have to be exact, just after an estimated range

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)