English Advanced - Raw marks to aim for (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Yuppers. To a Yr 10 dropout a SC is the only thing they have. Several companies (eg KFC) required their younger employees to show their SC once a year.

rocky1989

Amatuer Snake Charmer
HSC
point taken....but would kfc really care whether the drop-outs they are employing are band 6 or band 2 in history etc...
i don't think anyone would ever be discriminated based on their SC results.....so why have them?

chinkiwinki

HSC
rocky1989 said:
point taken....but would kfc really care whether the drop-outs they are employing are band 6 or band 2 in history etc...
i don't think anyone would ever be discriminated based on their SC results.....so why have them?
You can't serve chicken without having a detailed knowledge of the history of Colonel Sanders and his development of various spices.

Bl0nDi3

HSC
okk... so im a bit confused lets say i get a 84/105 and that gets moderated to a band 6.. do they use 90% in my uai calculation or the 83 mark???

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
so wait...does that mean that your aligned mark of 90% doesn't count towards your overall UAI?
That would suck muchos!

H.A.L.

HSC
Not sure if this is true, but I was told that:

Everyone who drops out after Yr 10 is still ranked for the HSC. They never actually recieve a UAI or any of that crap, but they are still ranked along with the rest of the state. Their rank (the drop-outs) are based on their School Certificate results. Apparently its fairer for everyone. But it shouldn't really matter as if you dropped out in Yr 10 I highly doubt that you got above band 1 for the SC, although there may be some exceptions.

oasis

HSC
ha! i so wish that sc marks would easily translate to hsc, cos i 96 for english back then. but yeah, im not exactly expecting the same marks for hsc =P

sja

dingleberry
HSC
My english teacher has been marking HSC for 9 years now.

She told us that you need anywhere from 85/105 to 87/105 for the Band 6 cut off. It varies year to year depending on how smart a group is (minute, really) and how wordy the questions are and where marks can be given.

Dark Phoenix

HSC
sja said:
My english teacher has been marking HSC for 9 years now.

She told us that you need anywhere from 85/105 to 87/105 for the Band 6 cut off. It varies year to year depending on how smart a group is (minute, really) and how wordy the questions are and where marks can be given.
thats pretty good then, i reckon i will lose like 8 marks in comprehension, lose 1 mark on both creative writing and essay. so that becomes a loss of 10

For the paper 2 i believe i could get 18/20 for all

so that will add up to 89 all up, hope SJA is right, if so band 6 mor me YAY

dancing_mermaid

HSC
why is there even a SC? it really told us nothing and they were the most pointless set of tests i have ever done.

i guess its for the people who leave after year 10, so its really quite outdated, especially since they're raising the leaving age and everything... i've been excused from my SC exams just by telling the school ill be on holiday the days they're on (which is true, i wouldnt lie just to get out of something thats supposed to be super-easy anyway.), so they can't matter much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)