English Advanced Texts (1 Viewer)

may22

HSC
The Crucible, Richard III and Looking for Richard, Metamorphosis, Great Expectations, Lady of Shallot

what about you?

FesuY

HSC
most likely merchant of venice and artist of a floating world

specificagent1

HSC
for me I did

common module: Crucible
Mod A: Tempest and Hagseed
Mod B: Ts elliot
Mod C: Spotty handed villainess, A home in fiction and eulogy of Goth Whitlam

Wizjaro

HSC
i am studying those rn, they are pretty good
I'm also studying them and merchant is hilarious af idc what anyone else says. And The main character in Artist makes my blood boil. Also a very good text.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I've read and annotated the first page of my common module text, it seems pretty cool so far. Its going to take quite a while to fully analyse the text.... I've got a long way to go .

may22

HSC
I've read and annotated the first page of my common module text,
I started with my X1 text since it seems denser. I've been wanting to read the book for ages, was just waiting for exams to be over.

By the way, how do you annotate your texts? Sticky notes, online version...?

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I started with my X1 text since it seems denser. I've been wanting to read the book for ages, was just waiting for exams to be over.

By the way, how do you annotate your texts? Sticky notes, online version...?
I have the PDF version of the book so I'm using adobe reader

1631532413629.png

1631532437160.png

By no means have I mastered English, I'm still trying to find a method that works for studying texts, as of now I'm just annotating text as I go so when I look back, I can grab any piece of analysis and quote together and just throw it in an essay

may22

HSC
I have the PDF version of the book so I'm using adobe reader

View attachment 32102

View attachment 32103

By no means have I mastered English, I'm still trying to find a method that works for studying texts, as of now I'm just annotating text as I go so when I look back, I can grab any piece of analysis and quote together and just throw it in an essay
Nice, sounds like a good plan.
I'm such a bookworm, I have to have a book in my hands when I read, actually feel the page as I turn it and all that 😂 But I hate the idea of writing on my copies...pure sacrilege. So I just use sticky notes and flags with my annotations all over them.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Nice, sounds like a good plan.
I'm such a bookworm, I have to have a book in my hands when I read, actually feel the page as I turn it and all that 😂 But I hate the idea of writing on my copies...pure sacrilege. So I just use sticky notes and flags with my annotations all over them.
Yeah I prefer reading from book, it feels more... authentic? But the PDFs not too bad considering I can store as much comments I want and analyse as much as I need to. I really wish I had a Kindle or something of the sorts right now because staring at my laptop screen for hours isn't exactly desirable.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Yo guys, ima be real with you. I have not read a single prescribed text to the full length at all in my prelims,, I normally just read 30% and just get a summary from sparknotes or some other source but I've somehow gotten 85-90s but I doubt thats going to work for the HSC. This is going to sound really stupid but how do you guys sit through long texts for english without recontemplating your life choices that led you to english advanced.

Is it just reading X pages per day? Its not the fact that I can't sit down and read chapters, I can, but I feel its inefficient because I've seen a lot of my peers who have done that getting the same mark for essays as me or lower using way more effort than me. Do you guys just read the synopsis or watch a short video about it and then try to form thesis's and arguments or you recommend just reading the entirety of the whole book.

may22

HSC
Most of the time, I enjoy the texts we have to do for English, so I usually just try to read them in the place of my 'leisure' books I guess you could say.

Usually if I don't enjoy the text, I'll tell myself read X pages a day...but that generally doesn't end up happening...so I end up forcing myself to read it within a few days and get it out of the way. It is time consuming, don't get me wrong, but in the end, you have a holistic understanding of the text, and you won't have any inaccuracies regarding semantic points in your essays, so I guess it's worth it....

may22

HSC
read in a group, no excuses there
My teacher made us do that for our drama text for extension (and for a few scenes in Othello for advanced). My extension class is small so everyone was given a character for the entirety of the play and they had to act it out. Made it so much more fun and by the end, everyone had technically read the text.

specificagent1

HSC
My teacher made us do that for our drama text for extension (and for a few scenes in Othello for advanced). My extension class is small so everyone was given a character for the entirety of the play and they had to act it out. Made it so much more fun and by the end, everyone had technically read the text.
it actually works. I did all my year 12 text like this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)