English Advanced Trials (1 Viewer)

hernameisnoelle

HSC
I'm just a tad stressed about trials tomorrow. I have a few questions, feel free to answer any one.

1. Obviously, I've heard about having 2 related texts, especially for Belonging. What is the likeliness of needing 2 related texts for the essay and how should I lay it out?

I have written all of my essays:

1. Area of Study: Belonging
2. Hamlet
- I have also created notes for each act just in case they ask about a specific one. As well as that, I had a list of quotes with their meanings, notes on them and techniques.
3. Texts in Time: Frankenstein/Blade Runner
4. Conflicting Perspectives

What would you say would be the best strategy for me to study these essays? Should I memorise them? I will memorise the AOS as it's only 1 essay. However, Paper 2 demands for 3 essays and I'm unsure of how I should study them.

3.Regarding my Hamlet essay, my English teacher was the one who marked it. I wouldn't say she's a fantastic teacher though. Anyway, the point is, I provided 21 quotes with techniques and analysis regarding each quote. She gave me 14/20 and she also said "You need more textual evidence." My essay is already around 1.4k. What would you suggest I do?

Neptunes

HSC
- bump -

I also want to know about your first question. Does anyone know if the past CSSA trial papers for the last 5 years asked for TWO related texts?

hernameisnoelle

HSC
- bump -

I also want to know about your first question. Does anyone know if the past CSSA trial papers for the last 5 years asked for TWO related texts?
I know, I've been stressing out so much about it. >< I hope we get someone to see this :s

George121

HSC
- bump -

my teacher mentioned that we should use two related texts also, as a back up, but in the past 5 years or so, the hsc exams (pretty sure trials as well, as they aren't really different) haven't asked for two related for belonging
the question usually asks you to relate to one, but just have a brief idea of another text that you can fit into your essay just in case the BOS want us all to fail

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)