English and Maths coaching for Y5 (1 Viewer)

anxiousdad

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I have recently joined this forum and this is my first post, so pardon my ignorance.
As my name suggests, i am an anxious dad of a Y5 girl who is average in English but good in Maths. And i am currently looking for a good tutor or coaching service, primarily in Western Sydney.
My daughter is all up for hard work, but typically needs more guidance than an average student.

Online search gives me list of coaching institutes like - Pre Uni, Alpha One, CS Education etc.

Can experts on this forum help in pointing me to right direction for a good tutor or coaching service please.
Thanks.

HSC
Pre-Uni and CS education are both good from what I have heard. I went to Pre-Uni. It was great but very expensive. If you think your daughter needs one-on-one help for English, you can find a private tutor with a simple google search. Tuition centres are good if you have strong fundamentals, as you'll generally get less attention, but plenty of practice questions and papers to do. Tuition centres also provide a great learning environment because everyone else is competitive and working, so she will be compelled to work hard to evade bad results. Currently there are intensive holiday courses and I would recommend them for sure.

anxiousdad

HSC
N/A
Pre-Uni and CS education are both good from what I have heard. I went to Pre-Uni. It was great but very expensive. If you think your daughter needs one-on-one help for English, you can find a private tutor with a simple google search. Tuition centres are good if you have strong fundamentals, as you'll generally get less attention, but plenty of practice questions and papers to do. Tuition centres also provide a great learning environment because everyone else is competitive and working, so she will be compelled to work hard to evade bad results. Currently there are intensive holiday courses and I would recommend them for sure.
Thanks mate, there are few English tutors on Gumtree i have reached out, but as u said they are more for clearing fundamentals but not so for practice. If u don't mind, which Pre-Uni u attended.

kkk579

hello
HSC
Hi,
I have recently joined this forum and this is my first post, so pardon my ignorance.
As my name suggests, i am an anxious dad of a Y5 girl who is average in English but good in Maths. And i am currently looking for a good tutor or coaching service, primarily in Western Sydney.
My daughter is all up for hard work, but typically needs more guidance than an average student.

Online search gives me list of coaching institutes like - Pre Uni, Alpha One, CS Education etc.

Can experts on this forum help in pointing me to right direction for a good tutor or coaching service please.
Thanks.
alpha one seems pretty good based on the reviews

kkk579

hello
HSC
maybe ngo and sons? I only went there for high school though, not primary so I’m not sure how good it is.

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
Thanks mate, there are few English tutors on Gumtree i have reached out, but as u said they are more for clearing fundamentals but not so for practice. If u don't mind, which Pre-Uni u attended.
I went pre uni aswell, its great for primary and selective as 80% of ppl who attended made selective in yr 6, the best pre uni is cabramatta, but I think they are closing from some rumours I heard..

anxiousdad

HSC
N/A
I went pre uni aswell, its great for primary and selective as 80% of ppl who attended made selective in yr 6, the best pre uni is cabramatta, but I think they are closing from some rumours I heard..
I have contacted Pre Uni Baulkam Hills twice, but nobody is responding.
Not sure if whether they haven't started yet or what.

anxiousdad

HSC
N/A
Also contacted CS Education - Girraween. A lady contacted my back and provided overview, but looks it's a new franchise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)