English and the UAI (1 Viewer)

HSC
this is a silly billy question but here goes...
will doing average/ under average in your school based englsih exams affect your UAI badly?
Since english is a compulsory subjects for all students, then does that mean it has a significant part in your UAI?
and how about if you do poorly in it but do above average/ well in your other subjects- do you have a chance of getting a 90+ UAI?
I apologise if these questions are dumb :D, but i am stupid is all :).

thankyou in advance to anyone out there who will answer my question(s). it is greatly appreciated.

volition

arr.
HSC
Well, keeping in mind that my opinion should count for absolutely nothing, I say that English is a fairly important subject to be doing well in because of the fact that 2 units of it MUST count. Put your marks through an estimator if you're that concerned about it.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Your questions are by no means dumb. There are a lot of students wondering the same thing.

Seeing as at least 2 units of English must contribute to your UAI then yes, it is important that you do moderately well in it. A poor performance in English will adversely affect your UAI because it will count no matter what mark you get. That said, you also need to do well in your other subjects. However, an above average performance in your remaining 8 units may not necessarily be sufficient to negate a poor performance in English. Essentially you must aim to do your best in every one of your subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)