English and UAI (1 Viewer)

Mr Chi

HSC
how would it effect your uai if you did crap in the 'area of study' paper and good in the english advanced paper if you were in Advanced English, because aren't they scaled differently. Would this have a great impact on your UAI?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Mr Chi said:
how would it effect your uai if you did crap in the 'area of study' paper and good in the english advanced paper if you were in Advanced English, because aren't they scaled differently. Would this have a great impact on your UAI?
both marks are combined together. it's just two different sections.

kpris

HSC
I guess it just sort of evens out then? I did the same thing, so i ended up with an average mark. I always do that. Either great or crap no in betweens in english, so i'm always just an average. Sucks. *goes to sulk some more*

A l

HSC
N/A
Mr Chi said:
In terms of final HSC marks, the distribution of marks in the English Modules Paper is made in accordance to the distribution of marks in the English Area of Study Paper. In other words, the distribution of marks is dependent on Paper 1. If the performance in Paper 1 is lower than that of Paper 2 across the entire candidature, the marks may be lowered in correspondance to Paper 1.
On an individual scale, if you score a poor rank in the Area of Study Paper, but your rank rises in the Modules Paper, then they are practically averaged.
In a general sense, the majority of people would probably find the Area of Study Paper easier than the Modules Paper, so your case may be a bit uncommon.

michaeln36

HSC
Why are u planning on going bad in the area of study paper?
You still have HEAPS of time to prepare for that paper. All you need to do is prepare a general story and essay which can be moulded to suit any question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)