English answers (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
My set text for Powerplay is Julius Caesar; can I use 1984 for my related?
Yes, technically it is ok, but consider using the 1984 movie; it has a lot of techniques.

Is it ok to use Futurama and Fight Club for related for RFTG, because they're both visual texts?
Yes, because they're in different forms (one is an animation, one is not)

The guy was really nice actually, and quite good. Unlike the Chem guy *shakes fist*

sweetiee94

Im doing powerplay in english, and my set text is 1984, it has heaps of information on powerplay, it's a bit overwhelming at times. But i have been told by my english teacher not to use another set text as a related text, i think it's against the rules or not in your best interest.
Suggestions are "the truman show" is panoptical power (panopticon)
"triumph of the will" Adolf Hitler
another one of orwell's powerplay texts are: "animal farm" very simple easy to understand and criticise

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
sweetiee94 said:
Im doing powerplay in english, and my set text is 1984, it has heaps of information on powerplay, it's a bit overwhelming at times. But i have been told by my english teacher not to use another set text as a related text, i think it's against the rules or not in your best interest.
Suggestions are "the truman show" is panoptical power (panopticon)
"triumph of the will" Adolf Hitler
another one of orwell's powerplay texts are: "animal farm" very simple easy to understand and criticise
no, its not 'against the rules'

perfectly legal, except you'll have to demonstrate depth in the text and not just skim through it - otherwise your essay will look quite thin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)