English - Area of Study Question (1 Viewer)

mtsmahia

HSC
Hi

Our area of study is Discovery and the text which the question related to is "My father began as a god"

Q)What ideas of discovery are represented in this poem and how has the poet achieved this?

I understand the text and the fact that we have to back our statement by techniques... but i dont understand what to right for What ideas of discovery are represented ...., isnt Discovery the idea itself.?:mad1:

Can someone please shed some light on this....and if possible write a sample sentence for What ideas of discovery are represented....

Thanks alot !!:headbang:

band-geek-92

HSC
hey

our area of study was change and we had exactly the same essay question... except about change of course.. basically what you have to do is narrow discovery down. so, for example, some of my 'ideas about change' were:

- change is inevitable
- change has positive effects
- change occurs with age

and stuff like that. i know its the end of term so im probably a bit late... but yea.... hope that helps

Daedales

HSC
hey sup, we're in the same boat, i got discovery as well, i sware, control would be a much easier AOS, anyways, i'm doing the novel "death of a salesman -henry ells" do u guys know any other good texts and films to convy the idea of discovery?:confused:

mtsmahia

HSC
Say if the question says
"Discovery involves finding new plance. Do you agree?"

how would i talk about self-discovery instead.

how do i say that i disagree without using "I disagree" directly in my essay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)