English asses (2 Viewers)

Azn_stunna

Hey
How are you all going!! haha im a n00b(please dunn make fun of me :p haha).....ive onli had 1 assessment so far on frontline....i got 16/20 for my oral suppose it aint too bad...any1 else doing frontline?? anyway how are the rest of u doing in ure eng assessments?

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
My first english assignment was worth 40% of our assessment mark so that was a bit of a shock.
We had to create a stimulus booklet with 4 texts related to area of study. We then had to answer several questions and do a speech on our stimulus booklet, answering a fair few questions.
I got 38/40 for it in total and regarding its worth 1/5 of my total advance english hsc mark i'm extremly happy with that.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Originally posted by Azn_stunna
Hey
i got 16/20 for my oral suppose it aint too bad...
Thats a pretty good mark. You should be happy with that.

J0n

N/A
HSC
We did an audio-visual response, but our teachers are so bloody slow at marking, we'll be lucky if we get them back this year!:)

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
we're doing frontline but our first assessment was on journeys.
fuck, i hate our english assessments. it was a 'conversation'. if we're going to do an oral task we should do a proper one not some fake convo with a friend where you pretend the markers aren't watching you...

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
we started with speeches - module B - and just had a listening test..it was so bad..could barely hear the speech cos it was all fuzzy and everything..

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
all of last week we had to do speeches for frontline
in relation to the statement 'the truth is rarely pure and simple' by oscar wilde.. frontline.. 1 related text and 1 aspect of the rubric (eg who has the authority to make statements.. process it goes through to become true etc)
we havent got our marks back but it would be really boring to mark cuz everyone talked about all the same techniques and stuff

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
We had an essay on History and Memory, 50th gate and a listening/viewing stimulus with the question mainly asking how it is achieved, I spent a page on colours :rolleyes:

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
we had to choose a movie of our own choice, relating to a journey, analyse it, write an essay, memorise it, and spit it out in 35 minutes

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
it's crazy...the school has a thing for making us memorise essays
When you think about it, it's not a bad idea. You might be lucky and go into the HSC exam and find that you practically have to write out an essay that you have previously done and because your school has made you memorise it you know every single word.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)