english assessment!!!!! (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hi ppl
we have got r eng assessment
for emma/clueless we have 2 do a viewing/representing task.
cud ne pls provide ne ideas?????:confused:

i m really stressed for this task n it is worth 15%......

pls help!!:(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by elizabethy
hi ppl
we have got r eng assessment
for emma/clueless we have 2 do a viewing/representing task.
cud ne pls provide ne ideas?????:confused:

i m really stressed for this task n it is worth 15%......

pls help!!:(
plz provide more details on the asssessment
like the question, and wat is required of u in the transformation task

DC10

i wouldn't mind a bit of help either :)
i have an essay to write, the question and time allowed for the essay are kept secret though, but i know it probably has more than 80% chance that it is going to based on context and values...

help appreciated ;)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by DC10
i wouldn't mind a bit of help either :)
i have an essay to write, the question and time allowed for the essay are kept secret though, but i know it probably has more than 80% chance that it is going to based on context and values...

help appreciated ;)
the time allowed is kept secret ???
thats unheard of

DC10

well here's the question.
we were given 50 mins.

'Even though texts may be in different forms and are from different contexts, they have much in common'

discuss how your study of the PROCESS of transformation prvoes the validity of this statement. Equal attention should be given to both set texts.

none of the students really prepare for this question well, though lucky i thought about a list of possible questions when preparing the exam, though i don't think i did well.... (only wrote 4 full pages when 5 or 6 is expected :( )

js-angel

we got an assess. too

hey we have some visual/representation thing for emma and clueless too.. i don't remember what it was worth though.. do you know what you are doing yet? we have to focus on one(or more) main issues that are explored in both texts and represent it visually, providing an explanation in a speech..does that make sense? does anyone have any ideas? i was thinking that since marriage is THE ultimate theme explored (and because i go to a girls only school) that it would probably be the most prominent value explored, so it would be better not to do that as well? i don't know..some help would be appreciated? :)

pranks85

It depends on how long your speech is, and how much you can focus on. It's usually better to do the minimum number of aspects in detail than a greater number in less detail. If you think you can cover another aspect (besides marriage) equally effectively - or more so - by all means, go for it, but if you're just going to do it to be original, stick with what you know you can do better.

With the visual rep, we've gotta do one soon for change as well - were you going to go for a straight out mind map type thing, or something symbolic?

Hiya_la

Re: we got an assess. too

Originally posted by js-angel
hey we have some visual/representation thing for emma and clueless too.. i don't remember what it was worth though.. do you know what you are doing yet? we have to focus on one(or more) main issues that are explored in both texts and represent it visually, providing an explanation in a speech..does that make sense? does anyone have any ideas? i was thinking that since marriage is THE ultimate theme explored (and because i go to a girls only school) that it would probably be the most prominent value explored, so it would be better not to do that as well? i don't know..some help would be appreciated? :)
hey i have a similar assessment task, wat school do u go to?
hehehehe...
anywayz....try the more obscure issue...appearance vs reality, im doin that... i think its less specific... therefore its more objective... which may b easier to do...
just a suggestion

mazz

hey look! ????
hey whats with viwng and representing... well i had never heard of it before until we got given it for frontline!!!!!! And hey what a coincidence, the day we did our presentation, turned out to be the day i read the thread! hmmm it was kinda fun though!!!!!
GOOD LUCK but seening as though we havent strted emma/clueless i cant help SORRY :0(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)