ENGLISH - "Belonging" Assessment Help (1 Viewer)

elladolly

HSC
well were doing a assignment with part A,B && C about belonging and choosing 2 texts and its uber annoying :(

jenga218

HSC
For our assesment task, we have to write a narrative based on a related visual image. It'd be easy if I'd settled with the first picture that inspired me. But instead, my best friend and I are all over everyone's facebook pictures trying to find the perfect picture.

Once I do that, the assignment should be easy - I <3 narratives. :)

Lucii123

HSC
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if we all have the same first English assessment task which involves selecting 3 different texts, linking them, developing a thesis and explaining how they relate to the concept of 'belonging'. I want to include an artwork as one of my 3 texts but don't know what to choose. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

My first english task is a speech on belonging, we have to discuss the themes of beloging in three texts..
ours is due wednesday 3rd feb and is worth 30 %

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
My first assessment was in two parts totalling 20%.

The first worth 15% was a 6-7 minute speech in which we analysed the class text and another related text of our own choosing (the length was for depth and coverage and to answer the question I suppose). It was to basically sell our related text.

The second part worth 5% percent obviously was still linked to the first. Upon entry into the room for speeches we were given 3 classmates which we had to listen to and take notes on their speech and eventually choose one in which we would analyse the components of the speech (how well it was presented) and what techniques the speaker used.

I liked this task.

bbychocoholic

HSC
we did our first English assessment task last term- it was just an essay on belonging and our related text (Romulus My Father)

we have to choose three other texts and link it to RMF as our holiday hwk then prepare to write about all of them for our second task this term. ><"

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Out of curiosity - why do you need so many related texts? (Three)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
You will only ever need 2 other texts apart from the one your class studies together.

Essjaybee

HSC
Our first assessment in early Feb is an essay on an aspect of belonging that they'll specify on the day where we have to link it to Immigrant chronicles, a film of our choosing and an unseen text. I think it's only worth 10% though (I hope so atleast).

bbychocoholic

HSC
Out of curiosity - why do you need so many related texts? (Three)
for my class- our teacher wants us have a range of texts to look at and analyse. iono, i don't understand some of the things my teacher get us to do soemtimes.

courtneyobryan

HSC
We've been given a booklet of poems, lyrics, chapters, pictures etc to choose from, and one to choose ourself. I want to do a movie or something familiar, any ideas?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
There is a good list of Belonging related text suggestions here. :)

adapada

HSC
despair by edvard munch is awesome for belonging as well
i am thinking of using despair, but how do i link it to other texts, such as romulus my father?

in fact how do you link visual texts to written texts at all? :confused:

purpleprincess1

HSC
wow i'd rather do your assessment tasks:jaw:

my english assessment task is 4 texts, plus a 500 word reflection statement.

annh

HSC
N/A
Hi, we've just handed in the assignment yesterday. I had to do a portfolio discussing my three related texts and how it relates to The Simple Gift.
Then later, I'll have to do a creative writing and in another two weeks would be an essay on belonging.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)