English Contrast Question (1 Viewer)

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
For the last question in english about 'how mystery was created':

Anyone write about how the subjective (and not all-knowing) narrator constantly focused on the thoughts and emotions of the girl (Jessica), and did not provide much description about the bushranger? And how the lack of description created a sense of suspense and thus mystery?

(didn't want to write about the diction, e.g. the words "gleam" "amber" which were in stark contrast to the foreboding mood of the bushranger, since I talked about that in the "how is contrast created section".)

Would my answer be worth 3 marks. English teacher told us that basically anything could be a technique for that one as long as you quoted (which I did) and explained your answer.

-----------------------------

For the letter to the editor, i wrote:

"...have lost touch of the means of communication..." Does that make sense? Does it have expression problems?

Last edited:

Laryxle

HSC
That sounds pretty good to me. Although wasn't the contrast question a separate one?

I wrote about the objective and emotionless tone used when referring to the ranger invoking curiosity and a lack of detail about the ranger, in turn giving him a mysterious nature.

kawaiinlove

HSC
I wrote about when it said she was really still and quiet or whatever and then it said something to happen like "dramatic touch" and something about lightning.

troongy

HSC
i just wrote about how the lake was like shining and happy kind of and how the ranger guy was all emo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)