English Ext 1, October 31st (1 Viewer)

bigbirdbanana

HSC
No they can't specify a text. That goes against the whole of Extension as opposed to Advanced. It's meant to allow you more scope and freedom to answer the question in the manner that you see fit. More conceptual engagement than spewing out techniques.
Exactly. Extension is about concepts, not texts - your texts are there to supplement/support your discussion of the concepts of the module. The reason they could do it in Module B was because the module WAS the text/texts (being a critical study).

I do After the Bomb and i'm really hoping they aren't too brutal!

S_A_M_U_t

HSC
My next exam is Extension english, so I've got till then to prepare for english, Modern and Music 1 and then I am done! :)

A friend of mine is wondering if anyone knows whether a text can be specified in any Essay question for Ext 1? We're doing crime writing.
My teacher says they can (I know, I was confused too because you only can study 3 of the 4 prescribed texts....). We're doing Crime Writing as well and if they were to specify a text it would be like this:

"Refer to TWO of your prescribed texts with one being 'The Skull Beneath the Skin' or 'Rear Window' or 'Anil's Ghost' and...." Yeah, sounds weird but that's how she said they can do it....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)