English Ext 2 4 Unit English Course Questions. (1 Viewer)

alan7948

HSC
Hey guys, currently i'm in yr 11 and im still considering whether to do 4 unit english. I hear from other people that it is only 1 major work and no other exams.
Is this true?
Is there any other info you can enlighten me on?

Thanks

HSC
Hey guys, currently i'm in yr 11 and im still considering whether to do 4 unit english. I hear from other people that it is only 1 major work and no other exams.
Is this true?

Thanks
One major work, no other exams..
but you do have to do keep a journal, write a reflection statement, do a viva voce and a report

theMoment

HSC
there are a few threads like this in the ext. 2 forum
you'll find more info there

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
it's one major work of quite a reasonable size (word count/media presentation length depends on which form you choose, whether short story, poetry, multimedia, film, speech, etc)

internal assessments (marked by school) include: Proposal (written assessment outlining your intentions in your major work), viva voce (oral, interview type assessment), report (explanation and justification of your major work). this typically marks the PROCESS of composing a major work.

external assessments (marked by the board of studies) include: Major work, reflection statement. this typically marks the PRODUCT itself. ie major work and reflection statement.

it is one major work, no other exam, and you're given around 9 months to work on it, but remember that the level of research, writing process, including editing, and composition of reflection statement mean it is quite a lot of effort. it's more work than you'd think for a 1unit subject. at least as much as a 2 unit subject.

benefits include: no exam, and usually handed in around the times of trials so you don't have to work on it up until the final exams.

for good examples of past works receiving top marks, look at Young Writers compositions.

HSC
Is this true?

Thanks
Load of bull crap. People think it's 'just' a major work. But a lot of research must go into this. You also have your proposal (written) viva voce (speech), report (essay) and then your reflection statement. It's a HELL lot of work. Take it from me, if you want to focus more on your other subjects, then don't do this course if you're not organised and motivated. It's mostly independent, as there is no class to push you. Considering you would be having other assessments and assignments, this component, I can assure you, is quite difficult and will take up much of your time. Really consider this. If you don't have to do it, and your comfortable with your units, don't.

luv2luvurmama

HSC
it's one major work of quite a reasonable size (word count/media presentation length depends on which form you choose, whether short story, poetry, multimedia, film, speech, etc)

internal assessments (marked by school) include: Proposal (written assessment outlining your intentions in your major work), viva voce (oral, interview type assessment), report (explanation and justification of your major work). this typically marks the PROCESS of composing a major work.

external assessments (marked by the board of studies) include: Major work, reflection statement. this typically marks the PRODUCT itself. ie major work and reflection statement.

it is one major work, no other exam, and you're given around 9 months to work on it, but remember that the level of research, writing process, including editing, and composition of reflection statement mean it is quite a lot of effort. it's more work than you'd think for a 1unit subject. at least as much as a 2 unit subject.

benefits include: no exam, and usually handed in around the times of trials so you don't have to work on it up until the final exams.

for good examples of past works receiving top marks, look at Young Writers compositions.
What would you know? You hsc is in 13 you fag%ot

Lil27

HSC
hi. i know for a fact that the assessments (if you can call them that?) for Extension two are changing next year so they are less based on the process of writing and more on the major work itself.

i personally think that this will make it easier (though granted this is my most challenging unit) because the process of doing enough research is what i found most difficult.

as for the course itself, i found that i got heaps out of it. i was able to apply what i learned to all of my subjects, not to mention that i had fun writing my major. the only thing is, it takes up a lot of your time, and when you're near to handing it in, your trials come up and whack you on the head, so make sure your prepared!

Lukybear

HSC
Owned??

Althought I think it is true that Ext2 is chaing next year. Ive gotten a letter from BOS which are changing some things, in the form of internal assessments of what not. Wasnt releveant so i did not retain much of the information.

Good Luck and God Speed in your choices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)