English Extension 1 Elective for year 12? Help? (1 Viewer)

Aslightissue

HSC
Hi,

I'm just about to face the daunting task of picking an extension 1 elective, and I was hoping you guys could give me a few pointers.

I'm a full time distance education student. I am desperate to try and go to school for the HSC, but my parents will have nothing of it, so things have got a bit complicated. The only elective my teacher actually has notes for is Crime Fiction, so it would be a lot easier to do than my personal preference, which is Postmodernism. If I do Postmodernism I will spend all my time researching from scratch, reading, etcetera, with CF I have the notes to start off with and work through.

I really want to do a good arts degree in uni, like the University of Sydney Advanced Honours BA, so a good UAI is paramount.

What do you think I should do? Am I better off going with CF or Postmodernism?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Aslightissue said:
Hi,

I'm just about to face the daunting task of picking an extension 1 elective, and I was hoping you guys could give me a few pointers.

I'm a full time distance education student. I am desperate to try and go to school for the HSC, but my parents will have nothing of it, so things have got a bit complicated. The only elective my teacher actually has notes for is Crime Fiction, so it would be a lot easier to do than my personal preference, which is Postmodernism. If I do Postmodernism I will spend all my time researching from scratch, reading, etcetera, with CF I have the notes to start off with and work through.

I really want to do a good arts degree in uni, like the University of Sydney Advanced Honours BA, so a good UAI is paramount.

What do you think I should do? Am I better off going with CF or Postmodernism?
Crime fiction.

L

littlewing69

PoMo is tops. Good, challenging material. It also will be useful in History Ext., if you're doing that by any chance. Might come in handy in the BA as well.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
I've done fulltime distance education before...I would recommend crime fiction.

Its not easy as it is by not going to school...at least by doing crime fiction you'll have a base, and support off which to build.

That is unless you completely despise the idea of doing crime fiction altogether, and think you'll utterly hate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)