English extension 1 thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Mythos

HSC
Since no one's posted.. Thoughts on exam??? I thought genre was pretty good

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Excellent paper.

Module C questions were challenging, and I think After the Bomb looked pretty difficult. Romanticism was apparently easy.

Didn't see genre - it was OK?

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Excellent paper.

Module C questions were challenging, and I think After the Bomb looked pretty difficult. Romanticism was apparently easy.

Didn't see genre - it was OK?

After the Bomb question was very specific. It was very difficult to mould to my argument because it only focused on political paradigms. I feel as if I screwed up....

coast

HSC
Found After the Bomb rather difficult due to the nature of the question, with compulsory reference to quote.

Do they align each module/option separately or is it one holistic alignment across all options.

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Hey coast,

Each option is weighted separately. So you actually want harder questions.

Last edited:

coast

HSC
That is a godsend in this situation then haha

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
I was very happy with my after the bomb responses. If anyone remembers, evertone and myself both called politics question on the predictions thread, so it wasn't ultra-unpredictable or anything. That being said there is literally no better quote I could have been given for the stimulus. The creative was a humdinger of a stimulus, I was not too pleased when I initially saw it. However I came out of it with a high quality response which I think worked well for the question though.

All in all ATB I think was definitely difficult, but doable.

dawntreader

HSC
Same with Romanticism. Not extremely easy or hard but manageable. Creative stimulus was great though!

Mythos

HSC
yea i did science fiction and at first the essay question seemed difficult, but i was able to adapt it to my essay. The creative stimulus was a bit weird but i just threw it in my prepared creative

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I found Romanticism pretty average. It wasn't super easy/broad like Paper 2 (from my experience with my modules), however the creative stimulus and essay quote weren't that hard to weave into prepared responses. However neither of which aligned with my story and essay so it was very time consuming for me to add in stuff specifically about change to make sure I answered the question adequately. In saying that, I was overall pleased with the paper and my responses.

Mythos

HSC
what's the raw mark required for e4 usually in ext eng 1?

eaions

HSC
I was really happy with the romanticism questions, I felt that they were really easy to answer and really appropriate for the module. They worked perfectly for what I had prepared though.

Has anyone managed to get a copy of the paper or the creative stimuli?

coz707

HSC
I think divine intervention happened in my case.

A large part of my creative story already took part in a Cafe, so it felt as if I was basically reciting what I had.

The essay was tough. I didn't think I had a good introduction, but my main idea I think came through as my essay went along.

I was pleased with the amount I wrote as well. 13 Creative. 12 Essay.

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Which elective did you do coz?

Page numbers are kind of useless. I wrote 1.6K for the essay and 1.3K for the creative. Very happy with that

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Did not like the romanticism creative stimulus at all

romanticism is so much more than just "being 1 wid da natural world!!!!" but the stimulus really restricted its scope. I guess it was fine if you did a typical nature creative but mine was about overcoming racial prejudice in colonial India fml

Evertone

HSC
I was very happy with my after the bomb responses. If anyone remembers, evertone and myself both called politics question on the predictions thread, so it wasn't ultra-unpredictable or anything. That being said there is literally no better quote I could have been given for the stimulus. The creative was a humdinger of a stimulus, I was not too pleased when I initially saw it. However I came out of it with a high quality response which I think worked well for the question though.

Yes, your politics prediction was a very good call!! I remembered your post in the reading time.

Like in coz707's case, the exam was a total godsend for me. I could not have asked for better questions. Politics was my favourite 'way of thinking', and a cafe was my preferred setting for the creative throughout the year.

I was very pleased with the exam and my responses.

Simplice

rainbow burrito
HSC
Navigating the Global's essay was kind of strange. I didn't really agree as to how vulnerability created a borderless world, but I tried to adapt and answer the question as much as possible. The creative was a total kicker, our teachers told us to never set Nav Glob creatives in an airport as it was overdone/clichéd. I can imagine the collective 'fuck' in everyone's mind as we saw the stimulus and booyah, airport

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC

The problem with the after the bomb question is that it tackled a very specific paradigm... In my honest opinion, the most I could explore about the ways of thinking during the time in relation to the question was the paralysing anxiety that permeated the zeitgeist as a result of the aggressive pursuit of enemies, both in the domestic sphere and abroad. I tried to link how these anxieties induced immense disillusionment... but I feel as if I didn't do the best that I can... T___T

Creative was... ugh... idek.. I talked about the "gentle light emanating from Cafe Angelique" and the "owner that endlessly calculated today's profits..." Problem was my character never entered the cafe-- he was outside having a smoke break. Do you guys think that's an issue? The most he did was stare at the cafe... endlessly ruminating on the possibility of it ever being open... hahah

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
yea i did science fiction and at first the essay question seemed difficult, but i was able to adapt it to my essay. The creative stimulus was a bit weird but i just threw it in my prepared creative
what were the sci fi questions?

usa

HSC
Did not like the romanticism creative stimulus at all

romanticism is so much more than just "being 1 wid da natural world!!!!" but the stimulus really restricted its scope. I guess it was fine if you did a typical nature creative but mine was about overcoming racial prejudice in colonial India fml
Wait, you set your story in India? Isn't that a rather eccentric choice of setting (considering the British and European focus of Romanticism)?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)