English Extension 2, 2007 - Mediums (1 Viewer)

Which medium are you using/going to use?

• Total voters

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Dragonfyre said:
I was thinking of writing a longer story, more the novel type. Am I aiming too high? What would you advise?
If you're thinking of writing a novel of some sort, you might want to have a look at nanowrimo.org. Basically it's a fun competition where you have one month to write a 50k word novel. No prizes for best writer or whatever but if you do manage to hit 50 thousand words, your name will be put in their hall of fame (which is uber cool). Enjoy!

idling fire

HSC
I don't have a clue what I'm doing... Thinking short story or critical response, because my attempts at poetry and filming are gag-worthy.
My lovely teacher set homework to decide on two possibilities and what you want to do in them. Pity there's no idea rolling around in the space I'd like to think contains a brain.

kat18

HSC
I'm thinking about doing a few short stories becasue I love writing stories. I don't think I'd be able to do film or radio coz i know nothing about it. I'm a bit worried because people say that everyone does stories but i think thats what i'd do best. What do people think?

Ace Of Jokers

HSC
Another for the short stories.

We've already started working on the proposal (due this friday) at my school, and I don't think we have any poets there either (sorry LottoX). But I don't think my idea's as great as I'd like it to be, and so if it doesn't work, we may just see some poetry from me...that's also based on the assumption that my poetry gets a lot better, too...

kat18: My advice is that you don't worry about what other people are doing, just do what you can do best. If that's short stories, hey, go for it.

666_blessings: Thanks for that link, I think I might just go insane and try hit 50k words...man, I can see the looks I'm gonna get at school when my friends hear about this...lol

(Yay! First post on BOS! Wasn't that bad, lol)

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
3 or 4 poets is pretty good. I went to a co-ed school and I was still the only one doing poetry out of about 30 EE2 students. Eliot would be turning in his grave.

princesskt

HSC
well im thinking of doing a story or a series of short stories. just a question tho, wat kinda of things to they look for in the story? wat are the themes for a story?

mistdemon

HSC
To the English Extention Class of 2007 I say "Greetings and Salutations!"
To the rest of you I say "Get out o' me 'ouse!"
On amuch more serious note however, in regards to the question, I am heavily considering a medium of either the classic singular short story, or, more predominantly, a very expressive collection of poetry.

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
once again i see that radio has been unappreciated...

princy

HSC
Short story for me, still throwing around ideas. Out of the six people doing ext2 in my year 4 are doing short stories and 2 are doing video.

ybnormal

The depths of my mind are the safest places
HSC
as is so rightly pointed out, radio is unappreciated. in a class of 15 (apparently the biggest our schools have ever had) only on girl is doing it, and she works in radio, so you know.

im doing critical analysis. moslty cos i dont have a creative bone in my body :p

Emzyfo

HSC
I really wanted to stem away from the typical side of Short Stories - so I have gone for the poetic style for my medium - with a really abstract idea. Let's hope it goes alright! Argh!

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Nick_R said:
once again i see that radio has been unappreciated...
Please, tell us more about radio dramas. I'm interested in script-writing and I've heard of radio dramas, but don't know a thing about them except they were really popular in Australia before television was introduced.

jamesw07

HSC
My teacher told my class that film was completely different from video. Film involves the actual 'film' used in the recording process rather than digital video cameras. Not many people can afford a studio film crew and their equipment. : /

cadylayne

HSC
im doing a short play and i love it so far, it really is the perfect choice for me. i did look into radio drama but i like theatre much better.

J

jhakka

Erdkunde said:
"Mediums"? Shouldn't that be "media"?
Most probably. But as this thread is almost a year old, I really can't be bothered changing it.

Plus, it's a well known fact that English teachers (current and future) cannot spell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)