English Extension 2 or History Extension (1 Viewer)

dunnoyeah

HSC
Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice as subject selections are due tomorrow.

I've been approved for both EE2 and HisExt, but I realise that 2 is probably way too much work (even if I only stick with both for 1 term). So, what do I do?

I think I'm a creative-ish person, but I struggle with writer's block quite often, so the complete creative control may be a bit...overwhelming. Then again, I've heard HisExt does deal with quite a few complex concepts relating to interpretations even if the process is more straightforward.

If anyone has done either (or even both), would you have any advice for me?

Last edited:

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice as subject selections are due tomorrow.

I've been approved for both EE2 and HisExt, but I realise that 2 is probably way too much work (even if I only stick with either for 1 term). So, what do I do?

I think I'm a creative-ish person, but I struggle with writer's block quite often, so the complete creative control may be a bit...overwhelming. Then again, I've heard HisExt does deal with quite a few complex concepts relating to interpretations even if the process is more straightforward.

If anyone has done either (or even both), would you have any advice for me?

I completed the EE2 course this year and would like to mention that hsc major works can be one of the most fulfilling experiences of school no matter which subject its for. I enjoyed the challenges of EE2 and liked how the only work for it is the major work, the assessments directly relate to the stage you are up to. As for the creative control, you really do need to hold yourself accountable throughout the year and it is important to solidify your ideas before Christmas break so you don't get behind and things just snowball. Also the course is only really as hard as you make it for yourself, it can be really relaxing to use it as a form of escapism when year 12 gets busy.
Also, you shouldn't necessarily shy away from a subject because of a teacher, but make sure they are someone who you can tolerate at least. You rely on them heavily throughout EE2.
Goodluck with whatever one you choose, id have really liked to do ext his but just wasn't offered at my school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)