English Extension II... 2007 (1 Viewer)

lady Arre

HSC
just wondering how many of you are thinking of short stories for next year, amnd which genre et cetera. do any of you know exactly what your writing yet?

i do.
a historical fiction revenge tragedy. my friend mentioned something on it at the beggining of term and i have been obsessed with the idea ever since.

what about you?

sp0ntane0us

traveller of time & space
HSC
my idea leans towards the sci-fi genre I guess. It's a futuristic, dystopian story... a satire... slightly Brave-New-World-esque.
Not sure EXACTLY what I'm writing. I have the idea, but now I just need to develop the plot.

Yours sounds cool.... I love revenge tragedy.

bored6

HSC
No idea what im doing atm..

Tossing up between magical realism story detailing a man with mental illness and what he percieves or homage to greek tradgey...

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
sp0ntane0us said:
my idea leans towards the sci-fi genre I guess. It's a futuristic, dystopian story... a satire... slightly Brave-New-World-esque.
Not sure EXACTLY what I'm writing. I have the idea, but now I just need to develop the plot.

OK, fuck. I'm doing something similar as well, except one might wnat to think of it as an essay transformed into a short story with a fairly long list of influences.

RiCkiE

HSC
bored6 said:
No idea what im doing atm..

Tossing up between magical realism story detailing a man with mental illness and what he percieves or homage to greek tradgey...
I'm going to write a satirical piece about the end of the world :D

And hey one guy in my class is doing something like that as well. The perception thing i mean.

But yeah anyway how long did it take you guys to think of your ideas? My idea only came to me like...a day ago.

idling fire

HSC
bored6 said:
Tossing up between magical realism story detailing a man with mental illness and what he percieves
Hmmmmmm... that's what I was thinking about doing... So much for originality on my behalf.

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
bored6 said:
Tossing up between magical realism story detailing a man with mental illness and what he percieves
I did something similar to that, only he wasn't sure if he was going crazy or not. The reader is unsure, too. I hope. =S It's quite fun to write, and I think, you you have a unique twist, you can write it really well.

Good luck you lot! EE2 is a lotta gun. Trust me. And it's absolutely glorious when you hand it in at the end of the year... But then you begin to get withdrawal symptoms from it. =S

Bec-B

HSC
Hey guys,

Whoo for the 07er's. Well, i had some rough ideas when we started ext 2, and i've been developing them over the past couple of weeks. I think i've got my concept down- i'm thinking of doing like an allegory exploring social disadvantage, long story.

And don't get too worried about being original guys, the fact of the matter is, the markers have been around for a while and odds are that there is going to be a bit of overlap between majors, but hopefully what we do with our ideas makes them original and cool :)

Looking forward to hearing more about everyones ideas through the year.

black_humour

HSC
I have my shortstory idea, but im having a little trouble with how im going to set it all out. Its an anthology showing the diff views of a particular event and i cant wait to get started...

... but im having a little trouble with how i should go about it :S

PLUS i wanna start writing it, but i knowing that ive started writing scares me a bit cause it really means my story and my HSC is really beginning!!

black_humour

HSC
RiCkiE said:
But yeah anyway how long did it take you guys to think of your ideas? My idea only came to me like...a day ago.
took me a few weeks. my problem was i had come up with 2 .. and i had to cut one. really hard to do decide because i liked them both. but ive got mine now *phew*

RiCkiE

HSC
Yeah I came up with two ones that i really liked as well but i cut the one that i thought wouldn't have as much impact...why'd you decide on the one that you decided on?

black_humour

HSC
well.. the one i chose to do is an anthology of stories from diff views/voices based on a family which goes through a medical trauma; the second idea was 2 stories set in WW1, and it was HORRIBLE going through the decision process. But eventually I swayed towards the medical idea - it just got me thinking, and i guess a little more excited about what i could do with it.

I did think about writing both ideas but the word limit threw that idea out the window

Last edited:

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
I've got so many ideas, the ones I keep coming back to are too cliché though. :( But I was sitting in MH the other day and the words Scapa Flow just seem so divine, so I might put a(n) historical spin on it.
My journal isn't too great either, isn't really helping me figure it out - I've been trying to write about every idea that comes to mind so I atleast have it recorded somewhere.
As black_humor mentioned I'm desperate to start writing as well, just so I can stop putting it off. For that, of course, I need to start research, and for that I need an idea. Gah.

mac744

ex-oh miss mac
HSC
hey i'm writing a short story too. it's to explore the darker side of humanity. my first assessment for it is today and i'm only writing it now and i've somehow got to say what my "critical factors for success" are. um i was just thinking to write? everyone's ideas seem really awesome by the way... is anyone else the only person in their school to be doing ext. 2?

RiCkiE

HSC
sp0ntane0us said:

Hey that sounds like my idea! Sort of. Well actually mine's about a world in the future and it's a satire and similarities end there. I'm having a little trouble doing the plot as well though...

btw how many people from all your schools are doing 4u?

mac744

ex-oh miss mac
HSC
i'm the only one at my school. it sucks. thinking of dropping it cos everyone seems to know a helluvalot more than i do. all this genre stuff...

cl3nta

HSC
mac744 said:
i'm the only one at my school. it sucks. thinking of dropping it cos everyone seems to know a helluvalot more than i do. all this genre stuff...
keep it if you're good with english and you have some idea of where you want to go. Also read up on the BoS requirements on their site and the material they have put up there for us. Just keep doing the work and you should be fine:)

I'm pretty sure I'm doing short story. In my school there are 20ish people doing it and it's nearly a 50:50 split on creative:critical

HSC
we have 18peeps doing 4u in my grade...and the majority is focusing on short story...one is thinking of a drama play/script a couple doing a speech and one doing multimedia..as far as i can think of....

wow i have no genre for my text... :S
uh...oops?

bored6

HSC
HinikuTheNinja said:
I did something similar to that, only he wasn't sure if he was going crazy or not. The reader is unsure, too. I hope. =S It's quite fun to write, and I think, you you have a unique twist, you can write it really well.

Good luck you lot! EE2 is a lotta gun. Trust me. And it's absolutely glorious when you hand it in at the end of the year... But then you begin to get withdrawal symptoms from it. =S
Yeah I actucally read your short story it was very good...hopefully I could write something of the same calibre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)